Chapter 13: Rome

Vierra’s POV

Vierra’s POV

“What?”

His looks right now is screaming that he’s lost. If not for the serious atmosphere that we have now, I would definitely laugh at his face.

But fair enough, kahit naman seguro ako, kung makarinig ng mga salita gaya ng sinabi ko kanina ay magugulat din ako.

That’s why I remained silent to let him absorb the information.

I waited until he can finally reply cause his question earlier is not valid. Heck! I don’t want to repeat myself like some broken clock.

But minutes later, he still remained silent.

“Just how long—"

Magrereklamo na sana ako ng bigla siyang nag-angat ng tingin, “You…what’s your name?” He absent-mindedly ask.

I look at him in the eye and calmly said, “…Rhea.”

“…You?” I ask back.

“Rome.”

‘Rome? Strangely, it feels familiar…it looks like I have heard it somewhere.

But the question is…’where?’

“Rome…” His name rolled out of my tongue naturally.

I was lost in deep thought before I decided to shake my head. Mas mabuting wag nalang muna nating isipin iyon.

I look at him again and saw his condition. Looking at his state, I knew that he’ll not gonna fight back anymore.

So I snap my finger and all the chains connected to his body loosen starting from the collar on his neck to the cuffs that is connected to both his hands and feet.

As his body is about to fall, I immediately went to his side to catch his body—

Wait…why does it seems that our role has switch?

Shaking my head to erase some nonsense thoughts, I circled his uninjured arm on my shoulder so he can lean his body as we walk towards the nearest chair.

Nang inakay ko ang kanyang katawan ay nagpupumilit siyang kumawala, “...I can walk on my own.” He timidly said.

What? Is he embarrassed that I’m too close to him?

So I teased him, “Really? But your legs tells you that you’re not.” But then he only look at me with his bored expression as if saying, ‘Who’s fault is it then?’

Right…so I keep my mouth shut and sit him on the chair.

“…I’ll just get the medicine.”

***

Pagbalik ko ay naabutan ko siyang nakatingin sa labas.

‘I wonder what is he thinking right now…'