Chapter 16: The Sister

Arian's POV

Arian's POV

“Good morning bes!”

Napabaling ang aking paningin sa bagong dating. Siya si Ashley, best friend ko simula ng tumungtong ako ng high school.

Currently, we are on our last year as a senior high school student. Isang buwan nalang at gagraduate na kami. I plan to move to Maldridge where my sister is while she decides to remain here in Philidelia.

“No way!”

Napatigil ako sa pag-iisip matapos niyang kunin ang kamay ko. What’s wrong with her?

“Am I…seeing things right?!” I look at the thing that she’s looking only to found out that she’s staring at the bracelet Ms. Astrid gave me.

Well, last night after dinner, she gave me this as a token or like a gift for meeting the first time. Same goes with my Ninang and Ninong, she also gave them a gift before leaving together with kuya Eli.

“Why? What’s the matter?” I decided to wear her gift today. Well, I also like it, it is simple but also very elegant to look at. It’s a thin platinum bracelet with just a single heart shape jewel and a platinum leaf as an accessory.

“Really?! You didn’t know?!” Napakunot-nuo naman ako sa sinabi niya. I’m really not a fan of jewelries and the likes but I can tell that this must be expensive.

“Uhh…is it because it is expensive?”

“Being expensive is an understatement Arian…don’t you know that this is the newly released platinum bracelet of VA’s Collection?!” Napakurap naman ako sa sinabi niya. Really? I heard that she’s the CEO of that brand, but to give a limited edition bracelet to someone she just met?

Just how rich she is?

“How….I mean, do you know the prize of this bracelet?” I ask as I ready myself to hear a very huge amount of money. But what she says next left me processing my brain.

“Of course I knew! It’s the same as the price of an island for pete's sake!,”

“…1,000,000 Phils!!” (A/N: it’s equivalent to 5,500,000 dollars.)

“oh reall— what?! 1 million phils?!” Unconsciously, I grab my wrist where the bracelet is located.

Good thing we’re inside our campus, if it’s on the public place, I'm sure that I’ll start getting paranoid if there’s a stranger near me. I mean, sino naman ang hindi matatakot tiba? Kung suot-suot mo ang bagay na may ganoong halaga.

It’s a good thing that our schoolmates here are also rich. But we still can’t be sure right? So until now, I’m still clutching my wrist as if my life depends on it.

Well it sure did.

If ever someone took an interest in this bracelet and then…

I shake my head to erase some unwanted thoughts.