we need more teeth

"She's gone, come on

"She's gone, come on. We need to move, now."

Chapter Four : We Need More Teeth

I stop my bike, leaning on one leg as I listen to the dinosaur screeches and gunfire and shouting. I hear Owen's bike fade into the distance, knowing I am alone. A quiet, controlled clicking sounds behind me, sending chills across my skin. I slowly, cautiously turn to face Charlie. "Hey Charlie." I coo, looking into the camera and not directly into her eyes. 

She slowly creeps towards me, showing no sign of threat. Red lasers from the guns land on her skin, and I begin to panic. "Do not shoot my fucking raptor!" I scream, my voice breaking as I force the tears to stay in my eyes. I stand in front of her quickly, not realizing how close I am to her until I hear her snarl. My mind races, the red lasers now pointing allover my body. "Go." I whisper to her, watching as she darts off into the trees. 

I see Delta and Echo leaping around, onto the soldiers and their trainers, my colleagues. I watch as Barry barely escapes from Blue, watching as she follows the whistle belonging to Owen. He jumps onto the quad, speeding into the trees, and I do the same. "Follow the path to the road. We're on there." I hear Claire in the earpiece now, everything else silent but the engine roaring beneath me and the fading battle I am leaving behind in the jungle.

I steer the handlebars sideways as I pull onto the main jungle road, turning the handle almost all the way forward, speeding down the concrete road. "Go, go, go!" I yell into the earpiece as I carefully steer with one hand, hearing the tapping of claws and the snarling of Echo behind me. I speed straight past the van on the side of the road, praying to any God above that they follow me and don't stay there. 

My heart picks up as I hear the engine roll over and the truck following close behind me. I check behind, Echo nowhere sight anymore, then fall back to Claire's window. She unrolls it quickly, Zach and Gray poking their heads through the divider. "Go to Main  Street. We need to get to the labs." I shout. "Dr Wu can't get away, he fucked this island up, and I'm going to make him pay." I snarl, picking up my pace again as I rush forward towards Main Street.

-

I swing myself off the bike and let it slide from beneath me as I run to the van, "Come on we have to go now. Echo's still behind us. She doesn't stop tracking." I warn them,  they shake their heads as if they know more than me. I don't have the  time for this, so I run ahead,  running into the Innovation Center and straight through to the lab. I sigh as I see Hoskins and Owen stood arguing. 

The whole lab is empty, Claire rushes in beside me, glaring at Hoskins. "Where's Henry?" She asks him, Owen scrunches his face in anger, while Hoskins just chuckles at her.

"Dr Wu, he works for us." I gasp in surprise, watching Gray carefully as he looks at all the animals remaining in their boxes, settling on the advanced technology on the touch screen.