9

When you opened your eyes again, you were standing with Paimon and the traveler on a stone island in a cloudy sky. There were golden-leafed trees branching out from the ground, and pretty designs etched into the tile floor. It was most certainly the domain of an Adeptus.

"Where are we?" Paimon questioned, looking a little scared, "What just happened?" You were about to reply when suddenly, a voice boomed throughout the space.

"Youngsters, this is where this old woman keeps all her things. Quickly now, go fetch that bell." Madame Ping ordered, presumably from somewhere outside the teapot. You followed the traveler to the edge of the little island, where a beautiful golden bridge lit up between the one you stood on and the next. Although you were hesitant about it, they stepped on as if this was just another day and made their way across.

"Woah, that sounds like granny's voice!" Paimon exclaimed as she followed her companion, "So this is her teapot?" You were about to step onto the bridge and follow after them when suddenly, it disappeared again. Paimon whipped around, concern in her eyes not that you were separated.

"W-what's going on?" She yelled, floating over to the edge of the next island. Truthfully, you didn't know the answer yourself. Though, you suspected it had to do with her recognizing you earlier.

"Not to worry, youngsters," Madame Ping continued, "Keep looking for that bell. I need Y/n's assistance for something else." There was a loud boom, and then suddenly the island you stood on began moving away from the others. The traveler, who was pretty much powerless to stop it, just waved as you halfheartedly. You put up a hand to wave back before the island came to a stop now that you were out of their earshot.

"I apologize for pulling you away from the others, Y/n." Ping's voice sounded around you, and you resisted the urge to cover your ears due to its volume. "But I suspect there may be a reason you were sent here along with the traveler."

"I knew you were an Adeptus," You said softly, before putting your hands on your hips and looking back tot he sky, "I don't know why he sent me. He just said you would want to meet me." You once again looked around, further confirming that you could no longer sense Xiao's presence. He must not have been brought into the domain with you.

Though you weren't sure what this old lady wanted, you had to at least thank her for finally providing you with a much needed break from the Adeptus.

"I see," you could practically hear the smile in her voice, "In that case, would you care for a history lesson?" You quirked an eyebrow.

"A history lesson, huh? I'm assuming you want to tell me about Liyue's history?" You weren't particularly interested, having lived through part of the biggest even in Teyvat, but you also knew she wouldn't let you out of her domain if you didn't play along.

"In a way, yes." She replied, and you saw another golden bridge appear from your island to the next one. "Head up to the next spot," she ordered, "I believe you'll want to see what I have to show you."

With no other option, you obeyed, making your way across the bridge, which you were still pretty wary of, to the bigger island ahead.

There were a couple big spiders on webs they'd strung up in the trees, but it was nothing your trusty cryo delusion couldn't fix. After clearing them out, you glanced around the area, seeing only a big screen set up at the far end of the island. Some sort of mechanical device had been set up pointing towards it, almost like some sort of kamera.

Frowning, you came closer, where a plush couch appeared, also set up facing the screen. Now very concerned about what she might have to show you, you took a seat on the couch, crossing your arms as you waited.