Painting A Future

Heather considered the stay in the loser's cabin to be excruciating. 'Stuck in this dingy old cabin from season one with only Jo and Gwen? Ugh at least back then I had Lindsay and Beth for company. Jo and Gwen are going to drive me insane!' Gwen had picked a bunk bed in the far left corner while Jo chose one directly above Gwen. Before the girls went to bed, Heather chose her moment to talk to Jo alone, waiting for Gwen to slip out for a bathroom break. Once she did, Heather looked up at Jo on the top bunk. "Did you throw the challenge just to get Lighting out?" Heather said, crossing her arms in her white sleep-shirt. Jo laughed. "Me? You're the one who wasted time flirting instead of digging! Besides Lighting cost us the challenge. You should be glad I decided to get rid of him instead of arguing with me all the time!"

Gwen walked back in while Heather screamed back at Jo. "I wouldn't need to argue if everyone just did what I told them to do! I'm the one with the most experience on this team!" Jo was about to shoot back when Gwen groaned and spoke. "It's everyone's fault for not working as a team! Now cram it! I'm going to sleep." She shuffled to her bed and lied down. Heather sighed and gave Jo a look, letting her know their conversation wasn't over.

After a terrible night's sleep, the girls woke up to Chef throwing slop at them in their beds. Heather covered herself up with her blankets until he left, leaving the girls covered in gross goop. Gwen and Heather complained while Jo, more willing as a newer contestant, licked the slop up and hopped off her bed. "Well, time to get moving. Chris is gonna call us out anytime now. Heather, let's talk outside." She marched outside, as Heather wiped the slop out of her hair. She changed quickly and made her way outside where Jo was stretching.

"So," Jo said, "I think Scott's the next to go. Guy's a snake and not in our alliance. If we don't win today, which we should if I have anything to do with it, we'll vote him out. I'll work on Gwen and Duncan." Heather didn't like the way Jo was speaking to her. 'What am I, her soldier? No way! I'm in charge here. And I have a much better idea.' Heather nodded while Jo jogged away. Heather made her way back into the cabin, catching Gwen just getting up.

"Listen, I'm sorry about what happened yesterday. You're right, teamwork is key. Apology accepted?" Heather stuck out her hand. Gwen clasped it and shook. "Wow, sure!" Heather then launched into her real reason for the niceness. "So anyways, Jo's been getting on my nerves recently. I know you're sick of her bossing us around too. Wanna join forces and take her out?" Gwen looked back at Heather, considering her proposition. "Since when do you want to work with me?" Gwen asked. Heather laughed softly. "Since we became a team, silly! Now, let's get Duncan on board and everything will go perfectly." Heather tossed her hair waiting for Gwen's reply. "Why don't you talk to Alejandro, Duncan and I aren't great right now." The idea made Heather shiver. She sighed and rolled her eyes. "As if Alejandro and I are good. Fine. I'll try if you talk to your boyfriend." Gwen raised her eyebrows at Heather's phrasing. "Not that Alejandro is my boyfriend! I mean, whatever!" Heather spun on her heels and strutted out, with Gwen laughing behind her.

Chris called over the loudspeaker as Heather exited the cabin. "Attention campers! Forest recon in five, over!" Heather, followed by her team, started walking through the woods. While walking, Heather noticed Jo at the back talking to Gwen. They fist-bumped and separated. The suspicious behavior set alarm bells off in Heather's head and strengthened her resolve to eliminate Jo. She lessened her pace, hanging back to keep an eye on Gwen. She was whispering to Duncan, who looked simply bored. Duncan replied and walked away, leaving Gwen dejected with her head down. Alejandro ran up next to her. Heather managed to hear his words.