Awkward Rerieval

Alejandro held his breath as the toilet began sucking him down the tube. He watched as Chris, Zoey, and Mal's faces disappeared from his view, replaced by water. As he was flushed through the tube, he kept his eyes open, watching the ocean around him. He managed to stay awake for about two minutes before he ran out of air and passed out.

When he came to, he coughed out the water filling his lungs and observed the environment around him. The cold seeped into his bones, causing him to shake and shiver as he examined the field of ice he was standing on. He swore in Spanish and then began walking, trying to keep warm.

Eventually, Alejandro spotted a cozy looking house in the distance. With no other choice, he approached the house and knocked on the door. With his teeth chattering, he came face to face with the owner of the house. "Can I help you?" They asked as Alejandro nodded. "Hello, my name is Alejandro Burromuerto. May I come inside and use your phone?" The owner sighed and stepped out of the doorway to let Alejandro in.

Entering the home, he felt a sense of warmth and love in the decorations, Paintings and photographs lined the walls with colorful wallpaper. The owner ushered Alejandro into the kitchen where the home phone was. They picked up the phone and handed it to Alejandro who clicked the buttons, calling his father. His father picked up immediately, questioning the call. "Who is this?" he asked. Alejandro replied. "Father, it's me. Alejandro? I...was eliminated." He heard his father scoff. "Why are you calling me?"

Alejandro became tongue tied. His father always did this to him, making him flustered and at a loss for words. "Well, um, I thought you would send someone to get me? Carlos or our driver?" The owner raised her eyebrows at that question, pretending not to listen. Alejandro's father laughed, low and without a hint of humor. "Oh, son. I told you before. Don't bother coming home until you restore the family name. If you can't do that, well...."

His father's words trailed off as Alejandro felt a shock travel up his spine. His eyes watered as he choked out a meek response. "Father, please. I tried!" Alejandro's father sat in silence, refusing to respond to his child's pleas. "Total Drama is impossible!" Alejandro continued as the owner gasped beside him, "Have you ever seen the show? Have you seen how hard I tried?! All for you and this stupid family! Well, guess what? I don't care! You, Jose, and Carlos can all go suck a di-" With a click Alejandro's father hung up the phone, leaving Alejandro in a frustrated silence.

The owner spoke up. "Alejandro, is it? You're from Total Drama, right?" Alejandro sighed deeply and nodded. The owner smiled sheepishly and placed a glass of water on the table for him. Alejandro quickly scarfed it down. "I know you've been through a lot but would you mind meeting my daughter? She's a huge fan." Alejandro, wiping the tears away and setting the glass down, agreed as the owner left to go retrieve their daughter. Seconds later, he heard an excited shriek and the thump of footsteps. A young blonde girl ran into the room, eyes wide and bright. "Eeee! You're Alejandro!"

Alejandro smiled shyly at his first ever fan, feeling the happiness radiating off her. "Hi, what's your name?" He bent down, getting on her level. She bounced on her heels and replied. "Tori. Tori Shaw! I'm your biggest fan! I was rooting for you all of World Tour and All-Stars! Well, you and Heather of course!" At the mention of her name, Alejandro's grin cracked while Tori continued rambling. "I can't believe you got eliminated. So you guys got sent to the same place? That's weird. Oh yeah! Heather was here a while ago."

Tori's words shocked Alejandro. "Heather was here?" he asked, mouth agape. Tori nodded along with her mother. "Yeah, she came looking for help. Her mom picked her up." The owner explained. Tori cut in. "She wrote me a letter! I'll go get it!" She raced off back to the bedroom, returning with Heather's letter. Alejandro took hold of it and read through Heather's words. 'She's being kind? To this random little girl? Why?"