Chapter 8 - Work Situations

Chapter Recap:

I was still recovering from awkwardness when I felt Sophia tug the blanket to catch my attention.

"Yes, Soph?"

"Aii, I think you made Ashy's cheeks red too much for one day," the girl said innocently.

"I think so too, Sophie."
~♡~

Dreamland. The most amazing place I've ever been to.

"Princess."

Did I just hear that?

"Princess!"

Huh? I never knew I'm a princess in dreamland.

"Airell!"

And whoever this person is knew my name too!

"Brat!"

What the?!

"Damn it! Wake the f*ck up!"

Then I heard footsteps walking away.

Peace. At last.

"Shit!" I shouted as I felt cold water at my face.

I instantly got up and saw Asher holding a glass, which I assume was where the water came from.

"How dare you!" I screamed while glaring at him.

The bastard just smirked and replied, "Good morning too, princess. Your alarm just went off."

"You are the most horrible person I have ever met," I continue glaring at him.

"Why, thank you. Its part of my charm. Now get your lazy ass up. You're going to work," he said while going to the kitchen.

"Work? I didn't apply for anything!"

* * *
"Where are we?" I said as I got off Asher's truck.

Right. The guy's got a truck. Not a classy one though. Much like Bella Swan's truck from the movie. Maybe he got a secret obsession with Twilight. Awwweeee.

I surveyed the place he took me to. It looks like an old garage that was converted into a place where cars are fixed. It looks quite small for my taste actually. I've seen alot of places like this in the many races I've been to. Some big enough to fit a whole mansion, some smaller, but definitely larger than this.

I roamed my eyes and studied the place. At the right side of is a mountain of tires in different sizes. Tools are scattered everywhere. On the left side I assume is where they fix cars. I recognize some of the cars here which are about 20. I walked over to the line of cars when I saw a glint of silver beside a mini van and confirming my thoughts, there parked my car in all its glory without its engine.

"My poor baby." I whispered looking at it.

"It's an amazing car," says a voice behind me.

I turned and saw a smiling man in his mid-50s. He doesn't look old too though but wrinkles were starting to form in his eyes whenever he smiles. He wore a grease-stained black jumper with a gray inner shirt.

"Yeah, it is. Too bad those assholes molested it," I said my voice filled with hate.

The man chuckled, "I bet they got a good price from wherever they sold it."

I was about to reply when Asher interrupted, "There you are, Vic. I see you've met the princess here."

Vic looked confused as he said, "Wait, this is the 'princess' you keep talking about?"