Chapter 20 - Not-Sunshine-and-Rainbows-Fine Situations

Chapter 20- Not-Sunshine-and-Rainbows-Fine Situations (Revised)

“ ‘I’m fine/okay’ is the most common lie a person could ever tell.” - anonymous

~♡~
Airell’s POV

Airell.

Airell.

I don’t know if this is reality or just a dream, but I could’ve sworn someone is calling me.

An all too familiar someone.

Aii.

Princess.

Ash?

“Miss?”

Ash, where are you?

“Excuse me, Miss?”

I opened my eyes and saw the concerned look on the stewardess’s face.

“Yes?” I answered groggily so I cleared my throat. I must’ve been asleep then.

“We have arrived,” she informed me.

“Really?” I roamed my eyes around the airplane and true enough, all the other passengers aren’t there anymore. “I’m sorry,” I quickly stood up and gathered my belongings, “I should’ve woken up awhile ago.”

The stewardess gave me a gentle smile, “It’s okay, Miss. I’m guessing you had a long day.”
“Why do you think so?”

“You were crying in your sleep and you keep calling a name,” she answered, face still full of concern.

I automatically touched my face to see if what she said were true and surprise, surprise, my face is indeed still wet from the tears. Again.

It’s weird how she’s so concerned of me since we just met right this moment. I guess there are some people who are really kind at heart. Mental note to self: faith in humanity restored.

She looked at me expectantly, waiting for an answer so I said, “Yeah, uhm. It really was a long day. I should get going.”

“Are you sure you’re gonna be okay?”

“Yes, thank you,” I smiled.

She smiled back and led me to the door of the aircraft, but before I completely went out, she pat my back gently so I turned back.

“I really hope you’re going to be okay. Healing from a broken heart is the worst kind of pain. It becomes so evident that even strangers will know what you feel,” she said.

I once again smiled at her, not knowing what else to say.

As I went on my way through the airport, I can’t help but think about what she said.

Am I really that obvious? Is the pain I’m felling really evident?

A single tear fell from my eye and I hurriedly wiped it from my face.