Chapter 14 - Stunned Situations

Chapter Flashback:

"Well then, I'll leave you to unpack and rest for awhile. Dinner's at 6:00."

"Thanks Ash," I smiled.

"You're welcome, Princess. And just like what Lola said, welcome to Philippines, welcome to Cebu, welcome to Liloan," he said in poor imitation of his grandmother.

"You suck at acting." I laughed.

He just laughed and closed the door.

I placed my bag on top of the bed, got my camera and went to the terrace.

I really can't get tired of saying how amazing this place is. No regrets of coming here. I took a picture of the ocean and checked how it looked. Not bad. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath of the sea breeze. Tomorrow will be a good day. I'll make as much memories as I can.

Afterall, I still got 8 days left.

~♡~

Nice to meet you,
Where you been?
I could show you incredible things.
Magic, madness, heaven, sin, ...

I woke up to the sound of a really loud noise. I blinked my eyes once. Twice. And stared at the ceiling. This isn't my room. And this most definitely isn't my room at Asher's house. Just then, a cool breeze blew and I turned my head to where it came from. Looking directly at an open window with its white curtains dancing because of the breeze, I took in a deep breath.

Ah. Sea breeze.

Then I realized I'm in the Philippines at Asher's family's house.

I stared back at the ceiling and placed both my hands at the back of my head. How long was I asleep?

I got up from bed, wrapped the blanket around me and headed to the terrace and saw the most amazing sight I have ever seen.

Sunset.

If you don't agree with me, then I'm guessing you haven't seen one yet! Shades of orange painted the sky as the sun kisses the ocean.

Now I get it why paintings always have the sun painted in half at the center of a painting with an ocean. Stupid, I know. Cut me some slack, I thought that was just a trend! And this is my first time to see an actual sunset! I mean, come on, sunsets are hard to comeby when you live in a city.

Soon enough, the orange shades slowly turned into pink, then violet, and blue.

Realizing that this scene is definitely too beautiful to be placed in short term memory, I quickly went inside and dug out my camera. When I got back to the terrace, I snapped a photo and checked it. Perfect. Another remembrance.

Another breeze blew and I felt chills so I wrapped the blanket tighter around me. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Sensing someone looking at me, I opened my eyes, looked down, and saw Asher leaning on a coconut tree, looking at me.

I smiled and waved at him and he waved back with one hand. He seemed to be holding something behind him so I was about to ask when I heard a faint knock on the door.

I looked at the door then back at Asher but he was gone so I headed to open the door and saw Kiel smiling at me.

"Hi Ate Ai! Dinner's ready and Kuya Asher asked me to come get you."

"Thanks Kiel," I smiled, "I'll be out in a minute. Would you mind waiting for me?"

"Not at all!" He said enthusiastically, "I'll wait for you here."

"Okay, thanks. I'll be quick."

I closed the door and looked down at what I was wearing. I still have my travel clothes on so I rummaged through my stuff and found my jean shorts and plain white v-neck shirt. I quickly changed into them and finally felt comfortable enough. Before heading out, I quickly tied my hair into a bun and slip unto my favorite flipflops.