Chapter One- Call to Adventure

It was a cold night, adrift at sea. Winter had broken, and it was springtime once again. That didn't matter much when they were so far south that everything froze.

Heau's waters were oddly still tonight. That didn't matter much, not for Captain Klaus Eis. He was the son of General Eis, the head of the Kingston army.

Klaus felt bored out of his mind on the ship. The man's job was to watch over the small fleet of ships stationed around Heau's port. Tradton vanishing out of nowhere after the sinking of Caros meant that Kingston now had to protect it again.

This was a problem, as the Scalliers were disorganized after Titus had been killed. Between occupying Clamerates, having to support Centrixia, and occupying Heau, it was a tough time to be an empire.

There was basically no action to be had out here. A menial job, existing just in case. All the fighting could be found between pirates and on Clamerates.

Klaus had nothing to do and so much time to do that nothing. He stood on the deck of his ship and paced, checking in on the night watch occasionally.

He desperately wanted to fight, to show his father that he was worth banking on. Alas, no luck. It wasn't the worst possible situation, he supposed.

Though even his warm coat couldn't protect him from the sheer chill in the air. It oddly felt a bit colder than it should. It wasn't winter any longer, those months had passed.

Klaus was going to head up to the top deck when he heard a loud thud. It was likely nothing, somebody probably just tripped. "Oy, everything alright over there?" No response.

Klaus gripped his spear and started to creep over to the source of the noise. The edge of the ship was entirely empty. A guard had been on watch moments ago.

Klaus turned to sound the alarm, only to see a figure cloaked in darkness. The figure was a man wearing an oval hat. It was hard to make him out, but he had some sort of bladed shotgun in his hands.

"Ahoy, lad." The man spoke, sounding oddly chipper. "I take it you're Eis's son, right?"

Klaus's eyes widened as he readied his spear. "Y-you! You're the Ice Pirate!"

The Ice Pirate had been causing trouble in the archipelago for years. Though recently, it seemed like he had become Kingston's sworn enemy.

Captain Xavier Glactren stood before Klaus. He raised his weapon and charged forward. "Guards! Sound the alarms! We have intruders!" Klaus jammed his spear at Xavier, trying to strike the man.

The intruder stepped back and then jumped to the side. "Alright then, guess we're doing this the hard way!" The pirate swung his Gunsword into Klaus's spear. The two weapons clashed against each other. The weapon merged at its two barrels on the bottom, combining into a sharp blade that repelled Eis's spear.

Guards started to surround the pirate, and Klaus began to feel confident in his skills. The man conjured stones from the ship that swirled around his spear, and he flung them at Xavier.

The pirate conjured ice from thin air, completely absorbing the attack before it could reach him. Xavier then chuckled a bit. "Klaus, I'd really recommend surrendering."

Klaus laughed. "You may be a tough pirate, but you're no God! We have you surrounded, scum!"

Xavier gave Klaus a smirk and gestured to the soldiers around them.

Klaus glanced to see that his numbers had suddenly thinned out. The man looked up to see a web of electricity suspending several of his troops from the mast of the ship.

A girl's laughter sounded behind him, and Klaus turned to see someone sitting on the edge of his ship. She had brown skin and fluffy hair on her head. The girl was dressed in a green overcoat with a black skirt and trousers on her legs.