Chapter Twelve- Meeting of Allies

The group walked together for some time. Luna had told Atlas she didn't want to leave everyone again, and the Guardian had begrudgingly obliged this.

Luna immediately felt terrible upon leaving with Atlas. She just didn't know what to do. Maya had been so hurt, and it was partially Luna's fault.

Atlas and Luna didn't speak much at first. Atlas simply touched the prophecy and said that the Relics apparently all had the power to shape the archipelago. Their original purpose was to do just that.

Luna tried talking to Atlas, particularly about the assertion that they weren't human. However, the Guardian paid her no mind.

Luna felt worse and worse about the situation as the hours passed. Eventually, the rest of the group arrived. Luna wanted to rush to Maya and apologize but she just couldn't.

Then, everything unfolded with the ambush. Now, they were trudging back to some camp. Luna walked ahead of everyone else with Atlas. She hated feeling separate from everyone.

However, maybe she wasn't human at all. If so, Atlas was all she had for understanding any of this.

The girl remained lost in her thoughts as they went to the camp. The day had burned away completely by now.

The camp seemed to be a normal village with a crude wall built around it. The wall was made of stone raised from the ground.

The houses were constructed primarily from wood and stone. Many soldiers were sitting around by fires and preparing meals.

There was a surprising number of forces present at the camp. "This is the base for this end of the island. There are a few others scattered around. However, they're further away." Marcus explained to everyone.

"Incredible," Jacob awed. "I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, but compared to the CIF this is massive."

Marcus grinned. "It helps that we have an entire island that wants nothing to do with Kingston. They assumed it would be an easy knockout without our ships. But Valras is not the only bastion of this land."

The man was noticeably shorter than Helena. Luna didn't really understand the appeal of men, but Marcus seemed to be nice enough. Helena always had a story about him, at least.

Helena couldn't hide her own smile. "It's just what I could've hoped for. My homeland is fighting the good fight."

"We should have beds for you all," Marcus continued. "You're welcome to rest and get something to eat while you're here. The higher-ups of the army will likely want to speak with you all."

Xavier nodded. "Sounds good. We'll definitely take you up getting some rest. It's been a pretty long day, I'd say."

The group got some food and then went off to get some rest. Luna found herself entirely unable to sleep once again.

It was strange, she didn't even feel tired. Just more evidence I'm not human. Luna thought. Atlas was still nowhere to be seen, of course. Luna had moved over to the remains of the fire. The night watch were the only ones out at this point.

Luna looked out at the stars. She was trying to remember the constellations that Xavier had taught her. "Something about Crius's mace. Where is it?" Luna questioned.

The girl suddenly heard a throat clearing behind her. Luna turned to see Xavier standing behind her. "Sorry lass, I was just having trouble sleeping."

Luna sighed. "It's no problem, I just didn't expect anyone to be out here. To answer your question, I don't need to sleep."

Xavier nodded and walked up to her. "Crius's Mace is over there. Not far from the Dragon's Tail that points at Heau." Xavier held his hand up to the sky as he explained.