Chapter Ten- Crossing the Threshold

The group gathered together and set off for the Azure Cove following Arvirdi's meeting. The man was confident that the people of Marok would support this. For now, they had to break into Kingsmier.

Atlas reported that the prophecy informed them of new information. The Relics are from the old world that was referred to in the previous prophecy. Apparently, they were tools used by the Maker.

They needed to track down the other prophecies to figure out what this all meant. It was a lot for Xavier to really get his head around as is.

Xavier had just the plan. The pirate had to hope that some good friends of his were hanging out at the Azure Cove.

They arrived at the Pirate Cove later in the day. Many ships were hanging around in the docks, including Xavier's mighty Glacialine.

The cove was as hopping as ever. The markets were full of various deals being done and people moving about.

One tall man wearing a feathered hat on his head was followed a woman with bright pink hair. Xavier was surprised to see such a striking duo present at the cove, especially since the boy reminded him of how people outside the archipelago looked.

The pirate hurried down the docks and past his own ship, seeing a large boat in the spot Xavier was hoping for. The Stormcasters had gotten their new ship up and running, it seemed.

Xavier approached the boat and shouted from the docks. "Ahoy, Stormcasters! It's Captain Xavier! Permission to board?"

The man waited a few moments and then saw the drawbridge lower. Xavier climbed aboard the giant ship.

Tempest was on board the boat, dressed in the green robes that denoted him as the captain of the Stormcasters. "Tempest, long time no see lad!"

The man turned around to face Xavier and his expression warmed slightly. Tempest was a good deal older than Xavier and had almost gray hair and a beard running in large tendrils. "Captain Xavier, it has been too long. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

Xavier explained his plan to the Stormcaster. The man nodded and leaned on his staff as Xavier explained. "Much of our supplies from those heists were lost when our ship was destroyed," Tempest replied. "However, I might still have some leftovers. The routes have certainly changed, though. Anything I have there will be useless."

Xavier shrugged. "I'm not too worried about that. Mainly just need the garb for my group. I can sail us past any security."

Tempest didn't seem to be convinced, but he asked one of his crew members to get the uniforms regardless. The man returned with the garbs and handed them off to Xavier.

Xavier smiled and thanked Tempest, and then hurried off of the boat. "Oh and Xavier!" Tempest called.

The pirate turned around, holding the many heavy coats in his arms. "Aye?"

The man chuckled. "If you need any assistance against Kingston, the Stormcasters have your back."

Xavier grinned. "Actually, I just might have something in mind."

The pirate then returned to his friends and updated them on the plans. Xavier handed out the dark blue and gold Kingston uniforms to everyone in the group. "Thanks to the Stormcasters, we'll have safe passage to the land. After that, we just have to keep cool and stay under the radar."

Maya grinned. "So we're going to do some sneaking? Luna and I have some experience there!"

Luna nodded. "Mhm, we've done plenty of infiltrations in the past. Plus with how often we've seen Kingston soldiers, I'm sure we can make good copies."