Chapter nine

BRAYANS POV

There was a loud banging on my room door. I opened my eyes and looked around. The girl on my bed was sleeping soundly. I frowned. I thought I asked her to leave. Now I'll have to change the sheets and the bed.

"Brayan i know you're in there" mama shouted from the other side of the door.

I pulled on my pants tossed on the floor and grabbed a shirt while I went to open the door.

"Mama"

"Brayan what the fuck is wrong with you. I've been knocking on your door. Is that? Is that a woman in there?"

"Please don't start"

"When are you going to stop doing all this. Your mate will be coming in four days. You have to stop sleeping around"

I rolled my eyes. I didn't want a mate much less an arranged one.

"A mate that I don't want" I pushed past her and walked down the hallway but she followed me.

"You've not even met her"

"I don't need to meet her to know I don't want her. How do you expect me to tie myself down to a woman that I don't even know"

"She'll be here for a month until the final mating ritual. You can use that as a chance to get to know her"

"You don't get it mama. I don't want her. A month, three years, it won't make a fucking difference" I shouted angrily and she sighed.

"Rejecting the bride is going against the treaty. Your father and his fathers all took mates like this"

"I don't want to be them"

"But you promised your father" I sighed. She had finally resorted to emotional blackmail. Typical of her.

My father knew I would never willingly accept the arranged mating so he slyly made me promise to at least try and get to know the girl.

"I'll try" she smiled brightly and kissed my cheeks.

"I love you when you're not being so difficult. She'll be here in four days. You need to get your room ready for her"

"Wait a minute. She'll be staying in my room? That wasn't part of the agreement"

"Ohhh. I guess your father didn't explain better. She'll be staying in your room to give you a chance to get closer"

"That can happen if she stays in another room"

"You know it won't. I'll send the servants to prepare some space for her in your bedroom. I'll leave you now" she skipped happily away.

I groaned pushing my hand through my hair. I looked over some documents and went to my room. The girl was gone and I entered the bathroom to take a bath.

After dressing, I stepped out of the house.

"Brayan" I heard my mama's voice and I groaned inwardly.

"Where are you going?"

"Out"

"Come on. Tell me where"

"Mama what do you want?"

"Nothing. Take Gannon with you"

"No way"

"Why not?"

"Why the fuck should I? You know how he is. I'm not taking him anywhere"

"That makes me sad" I heard his annoying voice from behind me. Could the day get any worse? I was having a fucking headache already.