Chapter thirty-seven

When I woke up for the second time, I was back in the house. In the bedroom I shared with Brayan. A piercing ring tone came from the bed stand and I picked it up.

I recognized the number as mothers number. Why was she calling though? She never did that.

I swiped and answered the call. There was silence on the line and I got scared for a second.

"Mama" I called. I heard some ruffles in the background and a loud noise.

"Mama" I said loudly this time. I was panicking. Did someone break in? Was she okay?

"Mama" I called her again.

"Not your mother" I recognized the voice instantly.

"Silas" I spat out.

"Yes"

"Where the fuck is my mother?"

"Language darling"

"Where is my mother" I was upset but scared at the same time. Why was in the house?

"She is here. I needed to chat with you quickly about something"

"What?"

"I received word from Dakarai today. You're doing absolutely well. You must continue like you have been doing all this while. The final mating is fast approaching and your sister has not been found yet. You know what you must do"

"I cannot complete the bond" I said softly. From the beginning, I had always known that i couldn't complete the ritual. I always spoke with conviction about it in the past but right now, I wasn't so sure.

My heart was torn. Brayan didn't belong to me.

"You don't have a choice Paisley" his voice was also calm.

"Everybody has a choice. I can simply tell them the truth"

He snorted. "You wouldn't dare"

"Try me" I was honestly tired of lying to everybody. I was tired of being who I was not. I was tired of the pretense. And with the feelings getting involved now, I just couldn't do it.

He whispered words of love into my ear when he thought I slept off. I was so fucking confused.

"You honestly think you can walk out of there alive if you dare to mention it? After lying to them and deceiving them? You think you can simply walk away and they'll let you"

"What are you trying to say Silas?"

"They are beasts for a reason. They'll kill you for your lies. And your family, I'll personally get rid of them before you get back here. I'll hunt your bitch sister down and kill her. The alliance has been there before you were born. No one broke it. I won't allow you or your family to ruin it for us and bring harm to the village. Think of your next decision wisely" he hung up the phone.

I buried my face in my hands while I tried to think. This was it. Maybe this was my reality. My fate. I was going to mate the beast. There was no point fighting it anymore. My previous life was over.

He loved me. At least that was what I heard. And I felt for him too. Edel, Nevaeh, mama and everybody. I held out for so long waiting for them. The wait was over. The final mating was going to be in a few days.

I climbed out of bed and went into the shower. When I came out, Brayan was in the bedroom. I wrapped the towel tighter around me as we stared at each other.

There was still some kind of tension between us despite the sex. We never spoke about what happened with Naomi and the events that followed after. I should let it go but I just couldn't do that.

"Brayan.."

"Paisley...."

We said at the same time and he chuckled. I also managed a small smile.

"You go first" he said and I nodded.

"About what happened with Naomi....."

"Let's not talk about that" I frowned. But he wanted me to talk first.

"Let's just forget it"

"I can't do that"

"The tension between us will only worsen if we keep talking about it. The final mating is soon and I'll like us to move on from any issues between us. I don't want to start our bond with issues"

"But I'll never really be at rest until we talk about it. Until I prove to you that I didn't do it. I didn't touch her"

"You don't have to prove anything. I believe you" he touched my arms and it sent tingles down my spine.

Was he just saying it? Did he really believe me?

"Okay" I said softly. This wasn't the end. I was still going to prove myself innocent. I'll never truly rest until I do it.

He leaned in for a kiss and I kissed him back. His hand going around my waist and he pulled me in.

"Stay here tonight. I've missed you"

"I will. I have no intention of sleeping anywhere else" he chuckled and kissed me again.

He reached for my towel when we heard a knock on the door. He groaned and pulled away.

"I'll go and see who it is" I nodded and entered our closet to change.

Elowen was in the bedroom when I came out.

"Paisley" she squealed excitedly.

"Hello Elowen"

"Did you have a nice day, we didn't want to disturb you when you returned"

"I did" I blushed shyly. I had a feeling she knew what we did and it made me embarrassed.

"Don't be shy" she teased.

"Mother" Brayan said.

"Forgive me. I'll just say what I have to and leave you love birds. The final mating is at the end of the week. Preparations are underway but we'll need to go shopping to get a dress for you"

"Okay"

"Good. We'll go early tomorrow. It will take sometime for you to get the perfect dress"

"Okay" she turned to leave but she stopped.

"Also, we decided to have a beach party before the mating. Just so all of us can rewind and relax before the main day"

"Sounds good"

"Okay then. Have a nice night"

"You too" I called out just before she shut the door. Brayan wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into his chest.

He peppered kisses along my neck and I leaned into his chest.

"Want to get back to what we were doing"

"Mhmm" he turned me around, lifted me into his arms and carried me to the bed.

I chuckled as he tickled my belly. He leaned over me and I stared into his eyes, smiling happily.

This is where my happiness is. Nevaeh's running away has somehow become a blessing. This is my blessing in disguise.