Chapter eighteen

I could feel his eyes on me but I refused to acknowledge it. From the table, he had been looking at me. Garret's words no longer amused me. I was breaking under the weight of my thoughts.

"You are tense" someone suddenly said from behind me and I turned to see Brayan. As usual, he had no expression on his face.

"What do you care?" I said turning away. I heard a scoff and his footsteps walking away. I sighed heavily.

My family was in danger if I fucked this up. I retired to the room early. I lay in bed awake for a long time just thinking of what could happen. I wanted to go back to my fiancé but I couldn't risk my family's life.

I would have to try and do all I can to make this mating work. And when the time came, Nevaeh will take over her life.

Sunday's hit my face and I opened my eyes. I groaned. I must have slept off while thinking. I rolled over hitting something hard and warm. It was a body. Who was in bed with me?

I screamed and jumped away almost falling of the bed but strong arms caught me bringing me up on the bed.

"What the hell are you doing here"

"This is my bed" he lay down back throwing his hands over his face. Why did he suddenly decide to come back to the bed.

"My back aches from sleeping on the couch. If you're so uncomfortable with me on the bed then you can take the couch"

I scoffed. "Never" he was trying to get me out of the bed and back to the couch. It was never going to work.

"Then I guess we'll both have to stay in the bed" he said casually. I climbed down from the bed. I would have to find a way to get him out of the bed.

I quickly showered and changed into a house dress. When I came out, he was still on the bed and was blatantly staring at me. It unnerved me but I ignored him.

The family already had breakfast and they were probably out now or in their rooms.

Rivka served me breakfast and I was eating when I heard footsteps.

Whitely stepped into the kitchen. Her eyes stayed on me.

"Rivka, can I have something to eat"

"Sure ma'am Whitely" Rivka replied and moved around trying to get breakfast for her. She sat opposite me.

"You know you're not wanted here"

"By whom exactly?"

"Everyone. Nobody wants your mind around here" she spat maliciously.

"Speak for yourself"

"You..."

"Hello everyone" Elowen interrupted her. Her hands were linked with Dakarai's.

"Hello" Whitely and I said together.

"Where is Brayan?" Dakarai asked.

"He's..."

"I'm here father"

"Good. I have news for both of you"

"What is that?"

"The date for the second ritual has been set" Elowen squealed and I shifted in my seat.

"But your father and I think there's still much tension between the both of you"

"We arranged for dinner for the both of you. Alone" Dakarai announced.

"No" Brayan said immediately.

Elowen's face fell.