Part 14

The cast heads out for a night on the town that evening, hitting up a popular Malibu lounge and nightclub.

And though they seem to have an unspoken mutual agreement to keep their distance after their afternoon activity for at least a little bit, Tim can't stop his eyes from seeking her out every few minutes. Half the time, he meets her eyes as she searches for him right back, his lips turning up in a wry smile each time they find each other across the crowded club.

Tim has a good time — surprised at the depth of the connections he's been able to form with others in the house — talking sports and exchanging war stories as they drink at the bar. Though he's still thoroughly distracted by thoughts of Lucy and, specifically, how ridiculously good she looks in her tiny floral dress — a lethal combination of her usual feminine frills and a less-than-usual display of tastefully exposed skin that has him losing his mind. He can't decide whether it's her legs, cleavage, or the tantalizing cut-outs at her sides revealing unexpected glimpses of skin as she moves that has him most hot and bothered. 

Lucy's Dress

Lucy's Dress

"Man, you have really got it bad!" one of the guys from the Highway Patrol proclaims. Tim turns his attention distractedly back to him, mildly embarrassed to have been caught out in his less than stealthy surveillance, but more preoccupied with the fact that Lucy is dancing with one of the firefighters from Santa Monica FD for the second time in a row.

"Huh?" Tim asks.

"Not that I blame you... she is really —"

Tim narrows his eyes and arches an eyebrow as if daring his new friend to finish the sentence as he follows his gaze back to Lucy on the dance floor.

"She seems really wonderful," he finishes quickly, and Tim just nods, not bothering to clarify the nature of his and Lucy's relationship. Is it really the worst thing if one less guy thinks she's available?

When firefighter Jack sticks around for a third dance, Tim decides they've kept their distance long enough. He approaches Jack and Lucy on the dance floor, "Mind if I steal my partner?"