☆ 8 ☆

Stan's POV:

After I told Kenny I had a plan for him and Kyle to get together, he let me in his apartment. It's pretty clean, probably because of Kyle. I just kind of awkwardly stood in the corner, watching Kenny, not sure where to sit exactly.

"You can sit on the couch? Kyle was supposed to be here but I guess not."

I shrug and go over to the couch, my first thought after sitting on it was "Damn, this is soft." cause it really is. 

Kenny comes back over with two cans of root beer. That reminds me of something but I just can't put my finger on it. 

(2017) Stan's POV:

I rub Kyle's back as he sobs, I'm not sure why he is sad though. He never said anything, but all I can do is sit here and comfort him. That's what a best friend would do after all.

He takes his hands away from his face and wips his nose with his hoodie, well, it's technically mine, he's just borrowing it. But it's whatever, I can always wash it.

"S-Stan..It's..It's..K-K..He..I.."

"Take your time Kyle, it's okay."

Kyle wipes his eyes, and takes a second to breathe. I take my hand away from his back and prepare myself for whatever Kyle has to say.

"Kenny..I..He's dead Stan. He's gone."

I freeze. Kenny..Is..No..He can't be? I just..Wait a second. Kenny died..but I literally saw him last night? What the hell is Kyle talking about.

"Kyle? Kenny isn't dead."

"STAN. I SAW..EVERYTHING. HE..HE..HE WAS HIT BY A CAR!! Remember the cafe?! Me, you, Heidi, Cartman, and Kenny were there!? When I ran out, everyone followed me. You SAW everything to!! Cartman laughed and Heidi just stood there in shock. You screamed "Oh my god Kenny!" and I was just..I was just..I don't know, but everyone was there!?"

I frown, what happened to Kyle? He's gone insane..What did Kenny do to him? Or, maybe it was a bad dream. I've had bad dreams before, but I've never had a dream of Kenny dying, or anyone dying for that matter.

"Kyle, I think it was just a bad dream."

Kyle goes silent, after a few seconds he turns his head to look at me, just a blank stare. I'm kind of freaked out right now cause I have no clue what I am dealing with.

"Bad..Dream?.....Bad..Haha..Bad? BAD DREAM STAN!? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND!?!?"

Kyle stands up and grasps the collar of my shirt, it lifts me off the bed and I can barely breathe, I don't know if it's because of the pressure of because of how scared I am.

"YOU BITCH. YOU WATCHED KENNY DIE, OR HE WAS ALREADY DEAD!? I DON'T KNOW BUT YOU WATCHED. YOU SCREAMED. LIKE HOW I AM NOW. HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT IT WAS JUST A BAD DREAM. I DIDN'T KNOW DREAMS CAN CONNECT TO THREE OTHER PEOPLE!? CAUSE THEY CAN'T STAN. WHAT THE HELL!? WHY ARE YOU ACTING LIKE THIS SHIT NEVER HAPPENED?! KENNY IS GONE AND WE CAN'T DO ANYTHI-"

Just then the door swings open and there is Ms. Broflovski and Kenny. Kyle lets go of me and just looks at them with teary eyes.

"Bubbies! What did I tell you about yelling? Especially to your little friend Stan, he's an angel. Oh, Stan, did you mom get my brownies?"

"Yes Ms. Broflovski, she said they were amazing."

"Good! Good! Kenny came over so I let him in, have fun boys!"

The door shuts and I just look at Kyle who is still just looking at Kenny. This seems..Awkward? Causeee..Kyle was just going on about how Kenny was dead but Kenny was right there.

(2017) Kyle's POV:

What. How- W-We just..No, I-I no I swear I..No, we saw..I..What? I..Is..Was..Was Stan right this whole time? It was just really a bad dream? No..I..I don't think I have ever remembered any dream I have had..Why would I remember this one? I have had many nightmares..But that felt so real..I was..Am I crazy? No, I swear..I did..What?

I walk over to Kenny and give him a real tight hug, I can't help but cry a bit. 

"Woah, Heyyy Kylee? I'm happy to see you too..What's wrong?"

"Nothing Kenny, nothings wrong anymore. I'm just glad you're here."

I signal to Stan to not let Kenny know what we were talking about. It's a signal we made up as kids when we would have private talks then someone would come in and interrupt, it's been very useful in situations like this. Now, I feel like a dick for yelling at Stan, over a bad dream. 

I let go of Kenny and turn around to wipe my tears, I feel like such a baby for getting worked up over something that wasn't even real.

"Oh hey Stan. I'm assuming you guys were talking about something? But, I wont prey. I know you're leaving soon Stan, and..I'll miss you, we all will. So I was wondering if you guys wanted to all drink some root beer and uh, kind of just..Have a moment, kind of like a going away party."

Then Kenny takes off his backpack and sets it on the ground carefully, opening it up and taking out 3 cans, handing one to each of us. 

"Yeah, a going away party..Yeah! We'll all remember this! That way there's no negative air when Stan comes back!" I smile and open the can

"Thanks Kenny! You're the man for real." Stan also opens his can and then Kenny does too.

A going away party without Cartman, ha, that's funny. 

Maybe that's why I'm so emotional, cause Stan is leaving. We knew a month in advance but..It still hurts that I'll lose one of my best friends. But this party is going to rule for sure! Just a party with the 3 of us..Yeah..

(Present time (2023)) Stan's POV:

That's why. That party. Before I went away, we all drank root beer. That's such a stupid thing to have a fuckin' memory attachment to. 

"So, Stan, what is this so called 'plan' you got? How did you even know that I liked Kyle?"

I chuckle before answering. "It's so obviously you like him dude. You're so over-protective of him."

"I'm over-protective of Tweek also?"

"Yeah but the difference is Tweek has a boyfriend, and also you guys have specific energies. Like..Jesus how do I put this into words um. Well, when you're hanging out with Kyle you're a lot more silent and you listen more, you don't just talk talk talk and join in the conversation, you actually like sit back and listen, also the way you look at him when he's talking. But like, regular conversations with me and Cartman where Kyle isn't talking, you're always joining in and stuff. Different energies dude, they make a difference."

Kenny just kinda leans back into the couch, taking in all that information I suppose. But what I find odd is that he just kinda stares into space, he does that a lot. It's been, I dunno, three minutes and he's just been staring at the wall, he has always done that. 

"Sorry, continue Stan. I was, lost in thought."

I shrug it off, bringing up our next topic, the steps needed to get Kyle and Kenny to be together. They'd make the perfect couple. My best friend dating my best friend? Like what couldn't be better? That way I wont lose any of them. I'm best friends with Kyle and somewhat friends with Kenny, I wouldn't want to lose either of them, I almost lost Kenny because I was being selfish. 

But I'm here to make things right. Once and for all. To end our story peacefully. The story of Kyle, Kenny, Stan, and Cartman. I want things to end right, with all of us being happy. 

But life isn't a fairytale.

WC: 1277