6 - Queenie

"Take a right here." Tina said, guiding Newt and me. We tried our best to help hold Mr. Kowalski up as we walked through the streets of New York. Tina stopped suddenly, turning to us. We stopped too, confused.

"Okay, before we go in... I'm not supposed to have men or children on the premises." Newt smiled slightly, and I looked at him, also amused.

"In that case, Mr. Kowalski, Lia and I can easily seek other accommodations."

Tina took Mr. Kowalski's hand, forcing us all back. "Oh no, you don't!" My heart almost skipped a beat as I felt the scolding being the worst time I'd been told off since I was blamed for breaking Newt's watch when it was actually Teddy. Of course.

We walked into the flats. I was petrified of being told off yet again, and of being caught and having to explain ourselves.

"Watch your step." Tina said, guiding us up the stairs.

"That you, Tina?" We stopped in our tracks. My eyes widened with immediate panic and fear. Newt shushed Mr. Kowalski, who was about to cry out.

"Yes, Mrs. Esposito!" Tina called back down.

"Are you alone?"

"I'm always alone, Mrs. Esposito." I looked at Tina, feeling slightly sorry for her at the thought of her being alone.

Tina walked into her apartment, followed by the rest of us. Another woman, who looked like she was in her late 20's, was already in the apartment. She looked up as Tina entered, smiling as we came in too.

"Teenie, you brought men home? And a child?"

Tina turned to Newt, Mr. Kowalski and I.

"This is my sister." She turned back to the nice woman.

"You want to put something on, Queenie?"

"Sure." Queenie said, using magic to put on a blue dress. Newt and I looked outside the window.

"So..." Queenie said, "Who are they?"

"That's Mr. Scamander." Newt turned around awkwardly. "He's committed a serious infraction of the National Statute of Secrecy."

"He's a criminal?" Queenie asked.

"Uh-huh. This is his daughter." I turned around, slightly angered at the both of them for calling Newt a criminal, but looking at Queenie especially in a friendly manner.

"Hello!" I waved. Queenie grinned a little, and I felt immediately happy and safe.

"What's your name, honey?" She asked kindly.

I smiled. "Lia Scamander." I answered confidently. Queenie's grin widened. I smiled once more at her before turning back to the window to try and catch sight of any creatures.

"This is Mr. Kowalski, he's a No-Maj."

"Teen, what are you up to?"

"He's sick. It's a long story. Mr. Scamander and his daughter have lost something, I'm going to help them find."

I heard a thud, but ignored it, knowing there were other people around to help.

"Hey, he hasn't eaten all day. And... that's rough... he didn't get the money he wanted for his bakery! You bake, honey?"

Newt turned back around. I followed his gaze and saw Mr. Kowalski on the sofa and Queenie looking over him, looking excited. I was, least to say, a little surprised at Mr. Kowalski's sudden collapse.

"I love to cook!" Queenie smiled at Mr. Kowalski.

"You're a Legilimens?" Newt asked, curious.

"Legilli-whatie?" I asked in confusion.