July 14, 2023

Holy crap. Holy Crap holy crap holy crap holy CRAP!!! One week my life is in perfect harmony, and the next it is bonkers and out of control. Ok, so one of my best friends, Aspen (nope, not her real name), who is from another state is visiting me this week.  She stayed the whole week, and we have had a LOT of fun. Shopping, watching Stray Kids (they are the best), having Taylor Swift dance parties, doing crazy makeup (she dressed up as a drag queen; it was the funniest thing I have ever seen, and I have pictures which I am not sharing, sorry :-)), and generally just messing stuff up.
When we went shopping yesterday, she found me a shirt that says 'Breaking News: Nobody Cares', and it is the best shirt I have ever owned.  We texted her crush (he also is a fan of Stray Kids), trolled my wannabe boyfriend (That was hysterical. Poor guy was so confused), trash talked Bella's (from Twilight) whiny ways (even though we like Twilight), and ate ice cream bars on top of the industrial freezers in my mom's store (do not ask me how I got up there; I will never tell.) We also went to Books A Million and I got, like, a TON of books and stuff. It was so cool.

New subject:
I don't understand it when these booktok and bookstigram people go crazy when a book says something like "She went to a bookstore but he told her she couldn't buy anything. The next day, however, she came home to find every item she looked at on her bed." Like, why? I don't know about everyone else, but I look at a lot of stuff in bookstores that there is no way in heck I would ever want. Seriously, I don't get it. I may look at a Japanese manga book, which is written in Japanese, but I don't want it. I can't read Japanese! I may pick up a Beyoncé record, but I don't want the Beyoncé record. I don't even have a record player! If I want a song, I get it online. One day I may make the investment of a record player, but I don't want one now. 
So yeah, slight rabbit trail, but you get the idea.

Also, I have a new assignment from the newspaper that I should probably work on. It's due Monday. Yeah, I should do that.

Until next time!
Luci