Chapter 5

Calum's POV:

An awkward silence fell and Ashton said we should all sit down and get to know each other. Of course Michael ran to the sofa's like a little child to claim his spot. Typically Michael...

After sitting down, we start talking about all kinds of things. We talk about touring and they talk about fangirling (mostly Febe) and college (mostly Sarah) and other favourite music artists. Apparently they both love Justin Bieber and Pentatonix, which blows my mind because that's a very different style of music.

"Do you have boyfriends?" Michael asked. Good job Michael! Straight to the point.

"No, I don't." Febe says, kind of sad making a smile form on Luke's face. Wow Luke, you're so good at hiding your feelings!

"I do." Sarah says bluntly. I don't know why but my heart drops when hearing this. I guess she really made a good first impression on me.

"But he doesn't count!" Febe adds quickly, sending a quick wink my way. Okay, so maybe I'm not that good at hiding my thoughts either. What was that even about?

"Why not?" I've been very quiet so maybe I should say something, just to let them know that I'm still listening. And I have to say that I really want to know more about him. I mean, why wouldn't he count?

"He's a great big bag of dicks!" And in that moment I knew that I liked that girl. Just by saying that I know she's awesome.

"And why's that?" Sarah asks, turning to her friend. Apparently Febe knows more about it than Sarah does.

"Oh you know why!" Febe says, pointing a finger at her.

"No I don't." She raises one eyebrow, looking at Febe in disbelief.

"Neither do we." Michael adds, he always loves the drama.

"He's no good for you! He barely takes you out, he's always late when he does take you out and on these few dates that you've been on with him, he always told you he forgot he's wallet but he didn't! He just didn't want to pay so you had to..." I think she kind of forgot that we were all listening. She probably kept all of this to herself for so long but was tired of it and needed to spit it out. This moment maybe wasn't the best time to do so but I kind of understand.

"That's low..." Michael says after Febe stopped her little speech. Sarah looks shocked, probably realising that what Fene said, is right.

"You're right, he is a great big bag of dicks." Luke adds, making Febe smile lightly. I kind of expected Ashton to say something too but he's too busy trying to put on some music. And failing.

"I would never do that!" I look at her to see how she's dealing with Febe's outburst, but to my surprise she's looking at me, wide eyed. When I look at the others, they're all doing the same. Oh shit... Did I say that out loud? That was supposed to stay in my head!
"Did I say that out loud?" I ask no one in particular. They all nod in response. I can feel my cheeks heating up as the keep staring at me. "Just saying..." I add, hoping it would make the situation less awkward. It didn't. Michael starts laughing uncontrollably. Damn this is awkward.

"It works!" Ashton yells out of the blue. And just then Just Saying came out of the speakers. Great... Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.

"Oh..." Ash looks at me, trying to hold back his giggles. "Maybe now's not the best time for this song." A giggle escapes his mouth, making Michael burst out in even more laughing.

"You think?!" I say, trying not to get angry at them. Michael starts laughing even harder, joined by Ashton, Luke and even Febe.

"Why not?" Sarah asks confused, looking at the four laughing people.

"You have to listen to the lyrics!" Michael says in between laughs. "Play it from the beginning, Ash!" He orders Ashton.

The song started again:

You got a boyfriend

and he's a total loser.

All you're friends tell you that he's got no future but they like me

Just saying

He barely takes you out

And if he does he's late

And when the check comes, he always makes you pay

I'd never do that

Just saying...

Sarah laughs lightly as the words "Just saying" were sang. "Okay, I get it. That is kinda funny." She chuckles as she watches Ashton and Michael crying of laughter.

" Can you just pick another song?" I say annoyed after watching Michael mimicking me as the song continued to play . Okay it was funny, but not anymore.

"I'ts okay... I won't judge." She whispers into my ear all of the sudden. Since when is she sitting next to me?