The Worst Phone Call

The sound of a phone ringing wakes me up. I'm confused as my phone is set on silent and I feel an arm around me. I quickly realise that I'm in bed with Jordan. The thought of last night with him brings a little smile to my face. The phone is still ringing and I try to wake Jordan up. "Hey, sexy bum, your phone is constantly ringing." Nope, he doesn't move.

I try to scratch his skin hoping the physical touch can help wake him up. I lift my head up to see how we're laid, boldly I wriggle as much as I can under his weight and reach for his crotch where I gently rub my hand against him. He finally stirs. "Hmm, baby, what are you doing, don't stop." I try to not laugh but I fail.

Again I tell him that his phone is ringing

Again I tell him that his phone is ringing. He squints his eyes open. Looking at his face; I just want to kiss him all over. I think it finally dawns on him about his phone as he reaches his arm round behind him. Sleepily, he connects the call and mumbles "hello?" His eyes widen and he quickly sits up. "What do you mean, is he okay? Where? Okay, I'll let her know. See ya soon, and try not to worry." Then he ends the call and he looks straight into my eyes. He takes a deep breath and runs his hand through his hair. I try to sit upright but I struggle and he thankfully helps me. "What is it, are you okay?" I ask him, clueless. "It's Phoenix. Jon's had to get him rushed to hospital. That was Jon on the phone." I feel like everything has gone into slow motion as I tune Jordan out and think back to what happened last night in the club. I watch Jordan as he tries to find my clothes and I'm just sitting here; staring. He manages to dress me, wash me and do my teeth. I even feel him brushing my hair and then he quickly gets himself ready.
Once we were both ready, Jordan had put my wheelchair in his car boot and then carried me to the passenger seat. I don't really remember much of the journey to the hospital, only that Jordan would hold my hand whenever he could and I felt his gaze on me whenever we stopped in traffic.

As soon as we arrive at the hospital, he quickly gets my chair out and he takes us inside

As soon as we arrive at the hospital, he quickly gets my chair out and he takes us inside. He calls Jon to find out where Phoenix is currently being seen and treated at. Then we arrive in the unit to find Jon standing outside a room, looking obviously terrified. It's Jordan that speaks. "Jon, hey, we're here. What's going on?" He turns to look at us. Then I feel his arms wrapped around me before he pulls back. Jordan gestures for us to sit over at the seats opposite the doors of the room where Phoenix is. "I found him in the bathroom this morning. I saw a little tub thing that had pills in and there was an empty bottle of alcohol. He was slumped on the floor." I gulped. I stare at the doors unable to speak. It's my fault he's in there. What if he doesn't wake up, I don't think I could live without him. He's truly the bestest friend I could ever ask for. He must hate me so much for him to do this. Would he do this?
A doctor comes out of the room and asks for the person who came in with Phoenix. Jon stands up. "I'm Jon, I'm, I'm his partner. What happened?" The doctor looks down for a brief second then glances at all of us. "We have had to pump his stomach as he has poisoned himself with the alcohol and the pills that he's took. We will be calling for the psychiatric team to give him an evaluation when he wakes up but that may be a little while before he does." I hear Jon cussing. My eyes water and I begin to tremble. "Do you think he tried to take his..." I manage to squeak out. "I'm afraid so miss." I grip tightly onto my chair. All of a sudden, I feel myself being lifted out of my chair and placed into Jordan's lap. He wraps his arms around me. "If he... I don't think I could live with myself knowing that I've caused this.." I sob into Jordan's shirt. He cradles me, and trying to soothe me.

Jon kneels down and places his hand on my knee, "Nina, this isn't your fault honey

Jon kneels down and places his hand on my knee, "Nina, this isn't your fault honey. He'll get through this. He thinks the world of you. We were talking about how you two met. He told me lots of things about you, all wonderful things." I lock eyes with him. I can see he's trying to be strong, not just for me but for himself too. "Thank you. I didn't mean any of what I said yesterday. I was lashing out at him. I guess we both have changes in our lives that we need to adjust to, I can see that now. I'm so glad he's met you." He manages to smile. "Thank you, sweetheart. I know that he's very happy that you have Jordan. I'm glad that he has you too, you've made this one here happy and he's always smiling." My turn to smile. He leans into my ear and whispers, "don't worry, your secret about crushing on this guy since forever and there's no need to feel silly about that." I gasp. Oh my goodness, Phoenix told him, the cheeky devil. I blush. He winks and he goes to sit on the other side of Jordan before he asks if we want anything from the vending machine down the corridor.

I shuffle and I feel slight tenderness down below so I try to shift myself a little bit. "Are you okay, baby?" Jordan asks me, concerned. "Yeah, I guess I've forgotten what it feels like afterwards." He looks at me, puzzled. I point to my nether regions. It dawns on him when he understands what I'm meaning. "Did I hurt you?" His voice laced with concern and care. "No, you were perfect, Jordan. It's just been a long time and I've forgotten how it feels afterwards. You're not exactly erm..." I stutter trying to get my words out feeling suddenly feeling shy. He raises his brow, waiting for me to carry on talking. "Small." I bite my lip at the way he chuckles, now he knows what I mean.

Jon comes back and sits down next to us but on the side where I can see him

Jon comes back and sits down next to us but on the side where I can see him. I watch as Jordan wraps his right arm around his brothers' shoulders. What an amazing man Jordan is, with the way he's comforting both me and Jon in our time of need. "Have they come out with any more news?" He asks to no one directly. We shake our heads, no.