~angst~

No promt ✌️

~no one's pov~

Kaito walked into the dining room, it was about 3am. He couldn't sleep. He looked around to see kokichi. What is he up to now kaito thought. "What are you doing up?" Kaito said, venom in his voice. Kokichi turned to look at the taller male. "Oooo~ I could be asking the same for you~" kokichi said back, in a teasing voice. Kaito rolled his eyes. "Alright, cut the shit short stack. Tf are you planning?" Kaito asked, now sounding pissed. "Ohhhh~ you wanna know sooo bad huh~" kokichi said. "Since you wanna know sooo bad- I guess I'll tell you~" kokichi started, putting one finger over his mouth in a hushing motion. Kaito looked him in the eye. "I'm not planning anything! I'm just up here for a panta!" Kokichi finally finished. Kaito looked at him dumbfounded. "Are you srs" kaito said. "yep~! Do you know how dumb you look-" kokichi teased. Kaito's anger rising. "The fuck is that supposed to mean!" Kaito whisper-shouted. At this point monakuma was watching this play out intensely.
"Ofc you wouldn't get it~!" Kokichi said, booping kaito on the nose before walking away to the fridge to grab a panta. Kaito looked over to where kokichi was sitting when he found him. He saw a razor blade. He grabbed it and walked over to kokichi. "Oh yeah? Then why did you have this?" Kaito asked him, thinking he is onto something. Kokichi looked in the other's hand, his eyes starting to widen.

"I- welp~! I guess you'll never know~!" Kokichi said, fixing his shirt. Kaito took notice of this. "Why were you fixing your shirt?" Kaito asked. He had a cousin who cut herself, he was hopping this wasn't what kokichi was doing. Well ofc not it's kokichi.. he's always happy. But so was my cousin and now look at her she is in a mental hospital.. "kokichi. Lift your sleeves and your shirt a little." Kaito told him. Kokichi's eyes looked panicked but the look quickly left. "why? You wanna see me undress~?" Kokichi teased, trying to get out of the situation.
"Kokichi- omg- fine." Kaito said giving up and just walking closer to him, lifting his sleeves himself. He looked at his wrist. Clear. He nodded his head then put both sleeves down.
Then he slightly lifted his shirt up near his stomach, kokichi wanted to stop him but he was frozen. Fuck fuck fuck! Why can't I move! Kokichi thought, panicked.
As he lifted his shirt slightly, he caught a small glimpse of a cut. Kaito's eyes widen with worry. Kokichi's eyes started to water. Fuck... I thought no one would ever check there.. kokichi thought.
"Why?" Kaito asked, pulling his shirt back down, now looking him in the eye. "I-" kokichi tried to lie his way out but he couldn't think of anything. "Come on. We have to bandage you up." Kaito said in a more calming tone, grabbing kokichi's hand, leading him to the med bay.
Kokichi walked with him, dead quiet.
The walk was quiet till kokichi spoke up. "how did you know. I could've been planing to kill someone and make it look self inflicted. How did you know where to check?" Kokichi asked. They were almost to the medbay. "Well, my cousin cut herself. I caught her doing it on her stomach, thighs, wrist, and upper arms. So when I saw the blade I thought I had to check. My cousin was always happy and smiling. But, no one would've guessed she would do that. Soo you are always smiling. It reminded me of her. So I just had to check. I'm glad I did." Kaito said, as they walked into the medbay. Kokichi sat on a stool as kaito got bandaids. "I'm gonna need you to take your shirt off. Is that the only place?" Kaito asked, being as gental as he could. "I- no. Upper arms. " Kokichi replied, taking his shirt off. Kaito sighed as he started to bandage him up. "I'm sorry.." kokichi said. Kaito was surprised, this wasn't the kokichi he knew. He is like a whole different person. "No need to say sorry." Kaito said back, finished with bandaging him. Kokichi weakly smiled. Kaito picked him up, bringing him to his room. He opened the door to kokichi's room since it was far from the medbay.

He put kokichi down on his bed. "Is it alright if I go through some of your draws to check for anymore razors. Cause you not doing that again." Kaito asked. Kokichi nodded, laying down.

Kaito started to go through his draws, finding about 3 blades and one lighter. He threw them in his pocket to throw in his trash can in his own room.

"Alright-" kaito started looking over seeing him sleeping. Kaito smiled, then left his room to go to his own room.

818 words. I randomly wanted to write something so here! <3