part whatever it's just a much needed explanation !

A/n just me here: 

So essentially When Y/n got reincarnated / isekai-ed, Sebastian took the liberty to alter people's memories (which is why Yae Miko 'knew them' and why ayato thought that the families have had meetings). He also used his celestial powers to ask some spirits to come back to life temporarily. 

These spirits were some of the people in the wedding hall, and mr. shinyomiya (the father). 

Since Yae Miko didn't go looking for the truth she didn't have any trouble with her altered memories.. but since ayato wanted to do a... background check on his future wifey (for lack of better words), he had some trouble with his altered memories. 

then further when he couldn't find any concrete proof of his memories (the old papers that should have mentioned the Shinyomiya clan) he really began to be suspicious. And then the lack of wedding papers was the cherry on top of this. 

Seb's goal wasn't to do anything bad, he just looked at the life you came from and wanted you to live a good life (and what better way to do that by altering people's memories, temporarily raising the dead, and not even telling the person who is in the middle of it anything... haha)

his idea was that you could marry a rich powerful noble.... he should have known better. 

I guess a lot of this got explained in the previous chapter, but if you have anymore questions put them here and i'll try to answer them!