Act 4: A Temporary Safe Place

Rusty and Nine were exiting the building with the prism in their possession. It was weird that their new friend Sonic had disappeared like that, but they had a mission to put this prims in a safe place.

Nine: "This is beyond incredible. With this prism and it's many attributes I could make a better reality."

Rusty: "That sounds rather risky Nine. And judging by the simulations, there is a certain chance that reality could suffer massive jeopardy."

Nine: "Don't worry Rusty. I'm sure with the right algorithms and mathematical probabilities, I will be able to compose this project with ease."

As the two were still debating on the prism, Renegade Knuckles and Rebel Rouge appeared.

Renegade Knuckles: "Hey you two, what's going on over here, and where's Sonic?"

On one of Nine's mechanical tails then held up the prism right in front of them.

Nine: "After he touched this prism, he disappeared into a different reality."

Rebel Rouge: "So, now what?"

Renegade Knuckles: "We begin the attack. Most of the citizens are now motivated on fighting back ever since that blackout."

Rebel Rouge: "This is our chance that we've been looking for. Let's move."

As the two were leaving Rebel Rouge then remembered Nine and Rusty. 

Rebel Rouge: "Hey, you two coming or what?"

Nine: "Hang on a sec I need to do something first."

Renegade Knuckles: "Well be quick about it, those egg-forcers will be coming anytime soon."

Nine then turned to Rusty and gives her a stern look.

Nine: "Rusty, I know this may sound crazy, but I need you to do something for me. And I can't have you refusing this."

Rusty: "What is my objective Nine?"

Nine: "I need you to serve as a temporary help for those two while I complete something special with this prism."

Rusty: "But we just reunited again. Now you're just going to abdicate me."

Nine: "Rusty, Sonic trusted those two in his dimension and had told me many stories about them, plus I don't know why but I trust him on that and I'm sure that these two are good people. Besides, you going the rebellion will be just the thing you need to get back at those Chaos Council freaks for using you as a tool."

Rusty: "But what if I get hacked again? I could put the rebellion in so much danger than before."

Nine: "Oh don't worry, I didn't spend all those weeks in my lab planning for nothing."

Nine then opened the back of her head and inserted a hard drive into one of the ports.

Nine: "This will block out all forms of hackings or viruses that will come in your way. I don't know why I haven't done this before."

Rusty: "Thanks Nine."

He then gave her a hug and were both shedding some tears. As all this was going, on Renegade Knuckles and Rebel Rouge returned to them wondering what was going on.

Renegade Knuckles: "Hey, what keeping you-oh. Are you two okay?"

Rebel Rouge: "Are you guys hurt or..."

Nine turned his attention to the two vigilantes.

Nine: "I know we've just meet and know little about each other, and this is a big thing for both me and you, but please take good care of my friend while I'm gone."

Rebel Rouge: "Gone? Where?"

Nine: "To perform some tests."

As Nine was flying again, he turned around a waved goodbye to Rusty and resumed his journey.

Rusty: "Take care of yourself Nine."

Rouge then placed her hand on the saddened metallic hedgehog's back to comfort her.

Rebel Rouge: "Hey don't worry comrade. You're in a safe place now."

Renegade Knuckles then joined in and gave his share of assurance.

Renegade Knuckles: "Yeah. Besides, in this rebellion we look out for each other like a family."

Rusty then looked at her two new comrades in arms and gave a smile.

Rusty: "Thank you kindly for your compassionate words. I really required them."

Rebel Rouge: "Always happy to look out for a fellow comrade."

The three rebels then went to the secret base. Once the journey was complete, Rebel Rouge went to the middle of the room and made an announcement.

Rebel Rouge: "Attention everyone, today we've made excellent progress. A majority of the city is slowly joining our cause."

Renegade Knuckles: "We will receive even more vigilantes for our cause, even though the Chaos Council have the people running in fear. All except for this brave er...cyborg, who use to be under the control of the Chaos Council, but is now free from their grasp and has joined the fight against the tyrants.Meet our newest recruit Rusty Rose."

Rusty: "I am honored to be included with this dawning."

After several initiation protocols, and many greeting Rusty Rose was now fully a part of the vigilantes.

Rebel Rouge: "Alright everyone you may resume to what you were doing. Also make sure you get some rest."

Renegade Knuckles: "Besides the world's not going to save itself."

As everyone obeyed the orders, Rebel Rouge went to Rusty and showed her where she'll be staying.

Rebel Rouge: "Okay Rusty, this is where you'll be staying. I might not be much, but I'm sure you'll make do." 

Rusty: "I appreciate your hospitality ever so much."

Rebel Rouge: "Like I said before, we look out for one another."

As Rebel Rouge was about to leave Rusty then asked her a question.

Rusty: "I don't mean to sound too debilitating, but I have a small thing to do."

Rebel Rouge: "Well do it then."

Rusty then walked up to Rebel Rouge and gave her a hug. The bat was both shocked and had her heart warmed at the hedgehog's gratitude.

Rusty: "Thanks for everything."

Rebel Rouge: "Hey, it's all good. And don't worry..."

Rebel Rouge then returned the favor to the hedgehog and gave her an elder sisterly hug. 

Rebel Rouge: "Me and my comrade will take good care of you."