Ch. 1 Enslaved and Freed

(A few things before the story start: I'm not going to write how Xiao's old master enslaved him, but here's what happened before. The Old Master, and I don't know his name, found out Xiao weakness. His true name, and enslaved him. Xiao is forced to fight anyone against his Master, and eat their good dreams. In the beginning, I'll be referring to Xiao as Alatus, as he doesn't have the name Xiao yet. Cool? Cool. Now that you know the background, let the story begin.)

Alatus collapsed into the snow. His muscles burned, his stomach empty, but jaw sore. When was the last time his Master gave him food? He didn't know. Though dreams he ate had a pleasant texture, they didn't fill his stomach.

The snow turned red from his blooding wounds, numbing them. His scraps of clothing he wore did little to stop it. He was barely given enough to cover himself. His chest showed, and his kilt just fell to his knees. Of course, his feet were bare.

Desperate for something to fill his stomach, Alatus ate the snow around him.

It wasn't a lot, but it let him keep moving. He struggled to his feet, and using his spear to support himself, he moved to his Master's lair.

When he got there, Alatus knelt in front of his Master. He didn't like his Master, but as he had his true name, Alatus was forced to do his bidding.

His Master walked around him. Alatus kept his eyes locked on the ground, terrified of angering his Master.

The evil God gave a kick to Alatus in the ribs, hard enough to slam him into the wall.

The spear made a loud clang. Alatus coughed up a bit of blood. This kick likely broke a few ribs, on top of the ones he had from the battles he fought rest days, and others that hadn't fully healed for battles the days prior.

Alatus' Master grabbed him by his hair and dragged him to a small cage in the corner. The evil God tossed the Yaksha in and slammed the door close.

Alatus didn't bother moving. He needed to heal. Or at least, as much as he could.

Silent tears fell down his face. When would this ever end? He didn't know how much longer he could go on.

Luckily, his freedom was just around the corner.

《•~~~•》

A different yaksha knelt in front of his own Master, but out of respect. The yaksha had four arms and had a number of purple colored storms and lightning tattoos across his chest and shoulders.

His Master was dressed in white robes, a hood with a hole in the back for his long orange hair, and arms of stone with gold marking throughout.

The yaksha was named Bosacius, and his Master was none other than Rex Lapis, but also known as Morax.

Morax turned his head slightly. "What have you found?"

Bosacius looked up, showing the worry in his eyes. "The god to the northeast of us is planning to make a move. He is going to move into our territory. And my lord." He swallowed. "He has a Yaksha."

Morax's eyes widened ever so slightly. "What element does he use?"

"Animo."

"Is his yaksha loyal?"

"I don't believe so."

Morax turned fully. "What makes you think that?"