Ch. 4 Finding the Solution

After eating, Zhongli took the blonde and sat him down. He started braiding his hair.

Aether sat happily as this was going on. He was comfortable with the man. He was kind. Not like his father.

After his hair was braided, Zhongli clipped the hairpin in. "There we go."

The blonde smiled. "Thank you!"

Zhongli chuckled. "Of course, little one." 'He seems far more comfortable around me. I wonder why...'

Venti walked in. "Aww." He sat down next to Zhongli. "How's it going, Grandpa?"

"Good." The Geo Archon picked Aether up. "Come on. Let's get you some new clothes."

He curled into him.

Venti smiled. "Let's have Amber help."

He nodded. "I don't see why not."

《•~~~•》

In the clothing shop, the assistants were having so much fun talarering new clothes. It was being paid for by the Knights of Favonious, so they didn't worry about the price.

Aether spun in his new clothes after they were finished. It was a loss fitting shirt with gold accents, black pants, and new boots that all fit him perfectly. "Pretty!"

Amber clapped. "You look amazing, Aether."

Zhongli nodded. "Agreed."

Venti smiled. "Cute!"

《•~~~•》

Albedo and Lisa looked through the library.

The alchemist turned a page and ran his finger over a plant.

Withering Rose

A rose local to Inazuma, but is on the verge of extension. When ground into dust and mixed with pure ocean water, Dendrobium seeds, and gold dust, it will cause rapid aging. Effects could be reversed by the Youth Bloom. See page 632.

Under the description was the recipe with proteins.

Abledo bookmarked the page and turned to page 632.

Youth Bloom.

A tree that grows deep underground in Inazuma. Few have ever been found, and is thought to be existenced.

Can reverse the effect of the Withering Rose potion. For more information, see page 553.

"Lisa, I found it." Albedo turned back to page 553. "It's called the Withering Rose. We need to travel to Inazuma to see if there is still any left. They might be existenced."

She took the book. She hummed. "I see. You've been to Inazuma before, correct. Perhaps you should go."

He nodded. "Of course. I'll leave as soon as possible."

《•~~~•》

A few days later, Albedo stepped off the boat at Inazuma. He had sent a letter ahead of time to the Shogun. He didn't expect it to be answered.

He walked to the city but was met by guards at the gate.

One of them looked at him pointedly. "Are you Albedo?"

He nodded.

The guards gave a short bow. "The All Mighty Shogun received your letter regarding Aether. We are here to take you to her."

'I didn't think that would work.' Albedo nodded. "I see. Thank you."

When they got to where the Shogun stayed, the guards stopped. "This is where we part ways. You will enter alone."

He nodded. "I understand." He entered the building.

As he walked into the main room, he saw the Electro Archon.

He bowed to her, not sure what to do. "A pleasure to meet you, Shogun."

She nodded. "I understand the situation with Aether."

'Right to the point.' He thought. "Yes. We found the information on how to reverse the effects of the potion. It requires the Withering Rose."

She nodded. "Yes. Thankfully, we do still have them. They are hard to grow but far from impossible."

The Archon walked over to a box. She opened it and took out the Withering Potion. "We have already created it."

Albedo nearly fell to his knees in relief. "Thank you."

She handed it to him. "I only have one request. Make sure he's alright."

He nodded. "Of course. Again, thank you." He turned and left the room.

Ei watched him leave. 'Take care of him. I can't lose anyone else.'

《•~~~•》

When Albedo rushed into Jean's office, he was breathing heavily.

She looked up, hope in her eyes. "Did you get it?"

He pulled out the potion. "Got it. He just needs to drink this, and Aether will be back to normal."

"It's best if we give it to him right before he goes to sleep." Jean touched her chin. "Aethers playing with Klee and Amber at the moment."

The alchemist nodded. "I see." He set the potion on her desk. "I shall leave it here."

When the sun started to set, Aether was leaning on Zhongli's chest as he was carried back.

The Archon had gotten word the potion had arrived and was keeping the child awake under the excuse that he had to drink something. Aether had gotten hurt, so it was likely to work.

《•~~~•》

Aether drank the potion, which had a sweet flavor. They added sugar to get him to drink it after making sure it wouldn't change the effects of the potion.

He yawned and fell asleep on Zhongli.

Venti smiled, but he was pouting on the inside. 'I want him to stay small. He's so cute!'

Zhongli adjusted the small boy. "I'll put him to bed. Goodnight Jean."

"Goodnight."

《•~~~•》

Aether groaned and sat up. He wasn't in pain anymore, but he had a weird taste in his mouth. It tasted kind of like raw sweet flowers.

He looked around and knew he was in his room in the Knights of Favonious building.

It was only after he realized where he was that he remembered what had happened over the past few days.

He turned bright red, turned over, and groaned into his pillow. 'That is so embarrassing! Why did I have to be me!'

The door opened, and Barabra walked in. She smiled when she saw Aether. "Good, you're awake. How are you feeling?"

"Uuuuhhhhh!"

"Ah." She rubbed the back of her neck. "Understandable. I'll give you some ideas alone."

(I'm so done with this. It was fun to write at first, but not any more. So. Done.)