Ch. 2

The fatui man was breathing hard. He had cuts on his arms, vines having woven their way in. They had wrapped around his heart and lungs.

Aether had been using this to keep him from lying. After working with Cyno, he knew how to spot a liar.

The man spat out some blood. "I'm still not giving you sh¡t!"

Aether smirked. "What? You thought this was my method? No, no, no. This is just the setup." He took out the amulet.

The man laughed. "What are you going to do with some piece of jewelry? Increase your power to make me tell you?"

"It's not for me." He clipped it around the fatui's neck. "Have fun!"

《•~~~•》

Yelan walked back to the others without Aether.

Beidou looked at her. "You're letting him do his own thing?"

She nodded.

Ganyu bit her lip. "I don't know. Aether's so gentle. Does he really have any methods we don't know?"

Keqing patted her on the back. "I'm sure he knows something. He's been to five nations at this point."

Screams rang out. Earpeircing, blood curdling scream.

Ningguang shivered. "I've never heard screams like that."

Yelan looked back. "I wonder what he's doing?"

"Stop! Stop! Please, make it stop!" The fatui cried out. He screamed some more.

"Already?" Ganyu swallowed. "Okay. All in favor of never having Aether do whatever he's doing now to us?"

Everyone raised their hands.

After after fifteen minutes, it stopped.

Beidou looked up from her book. "He stopped?"

Ningguang rubbed her forehead. "Thank the Archons."

Yelan got up. "I'm going to see how it's going."

《•~~~•》

Aether sat back as the fatui man screamed. He was wearing earplugs to block out the screaming.

After fifteen minutes, he took it off.

The man panted. His eyes were wide in horror. "What? Was that?"

"I asked the questions here." He tossed thee amulet into the air. "If you asked anymore, I'll put this back on."

The man let out a pathetic whimper.

"Now, let's get started."

After Aether got all the information he needed and wrote it all down, he snapped his fingers.

The vine vanished in sparkles of green.

He patted on the cheek. "Good boy." He walked out of the room.

He met Yelan just outside the door. "Yeah."

She looked at the notebook. "How much did you get?"

He handed it to her. "Just about everything."

She took the book and flipped through it. "How can you be sure this is accurate?"

"I have my ways." Aether gave a cold smile. "Let's just say, if he dared to lie, vines would have forced his heart to stop of a bit."

Yelan matched his cold smile. "I see. Thank you, Aether."

"Not a problem. I'm happy to help!"

"Let's get you your payment."