Ch. 1

Lumine walked through Mondstand and arrived at her little hiding place. It was a cave in the hills. To most, there wasn't anything interesting about it.

However, Lumine was able to find a small passage to a massive cavern. It was here that she did her training.

Not just any training, though. Training with the Tiara of the Dead.

Once she entered the cavern, she took the tiara out. It was beautiful. Polished black iron, blood diamonds draping over her forehead. It was similar to the crown Niluo would wear for performances.

The blonde took a deep breath and put the tiara on. She fell to her knees as the artifacts changed her.

Her white clothes changed to black, but kept the gold accents. The gold from her element turned blood red. Her hair changed to black, her skin turned white, and her eyes became red. The flowers and feathers in her hair also turned black with a red accent on the flower.

Lumine took a few deep breaths. 'Get it under control. You can do this.'

She got to her feet and put her hand out. "Rise."

Skeletons rose from the ground. Their bones clicked into place.

"Dimissed."

The skeletons crumbled apart.

Lumine smiled. "Okay. I can do this." 'Now, a few more tests.'

《•~~~•》

Diluc sighed. 'I can't sleep.' He looked out the window. 'Maybe a walk will help.'

Diluc got up, got changed, and headed outside.

It was almost midnight, but Diluc was a night owl. The sounds of the night calmed him. Crickets, light wind, and no voices.

The redhead walked up to Stormbringer Peak, and he paused. 'Is that? The traveler?'

He walked closer and saw that, yes, it was her. She was sitting just on the edge, looking at the night sky.

Diluc walked up. "What are you doing at this hour?"

The blonde turned, and he could tell that she had been crying. The night's darkness hid most of it, but he could still see it.

She chuckled. "I could ask you the same thing." Her voice was slightly broken.

"Bad night." Diluc sat down next to her, legs dangling over the edge. "Are you okay?"

She sighed. "Today's just brings back bad memories."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"It's the anniversary of my mother's death." She looked down. "A week before, she vanished from our home. We didn't know where she was. Aether and I looked for days. After a week, we found her. She was dead." She wiped a tear from her cheek.

"How did she die?" Diluc asked cautiously.

"She had been stabbed the death. Over two hundred stab wounds." Her hands were shaking. "I can still see it. Her head was almost cut off."

Diluc put his hand on her back. She flinched at first but soon leaned into in touch when he rubbed circles on her back. "You can stop if you want."

She shook her head. "No. I. I want to talk about it." The blonde took a deep breath. "We told our father, but he just flipped out at us. He locked us in the basement and screamed at us that if we told anyone, he would kill us. Just like he did our mother."

Diluc's eyes widened. "He's the one who killed her."

She nodded. "After a few days, he let us put. We lived in fear for years after this. When we finally got the strength to tell people, it was too late. Our father had killed more people, and his next target was me." She looked at her hand. "He tried to kill me, but Aether saw it coming. He killed our father. Then, we ran. We had to get away. We didn't care where we ended up. We just had to get away." Tears started falling down her cheeks.

Diluc pulled her into a hug. "It's alright."

She started openly crying. Her crying drowned out the sound of the night.

She cried for a good twenty minutes before she fell asleep on the winery owner.

He looked down at her. 'How much pain are you carrying? So you just bottle it up until you break down? You don't have to do that. You have people you can talk to. You know that, right?'

Diluc gathered her in his arms, stood up, and headed back to his home. 'You can stay with me tonight. A safe place will help you heal.'

《•~~~•》

Lumine blinked her eyes open. They were red from crying.

She looked out the window and saw that she was in the winery. She could feel the quilt against her skin, and it was warm.

She pushed herself up and rubbed her eyes. 'Come on. Wake up.' She looked down and saw that her clothes were different. It was a simple white cotton night dress and no shoes.

Lumine touched her hair and felt the clips had been removed. She looked at the nightstand and saw them on said nightstand.

Looking around the room, she saw her clothes hanging in the closet.

'Did Diluc take me to the winery after I fell asleep?' She got out of bed and changed. She was still a little bliry eyed.

There was a knock on the door, and it opened after a second. A servant walked in.

She smiled. "Ah, good. Master Diluc asked me to see if you were awake. Breakfast is ready. Please, come with me." She turned and walked out of the room.

Lumine followed her. 'It's nice to know that he cares about me.'

The servant led Lumine into the dining hall. There, Diluc was talking to a different servant. It was clearly private, as it ended the second the first servant entered the room.

The redhead turned. "You're awake."

Lumine nodded. "Yeah." She looked down. 'What do I say?'

He gestured to the seats. "Sit. Breakfast is ready."

She nodded. After the food was served, she waited until the servants left.

She picked at the food. "Thank you."

Diluc paused, his drink halfway to his mouth. "For what?"

"For listening." She smiled softly. "Most people just want to talk, and I'll happily listen, but, sometimes, I need someone I can talk to without the fear of them blabbering about it to others."

"I'm guessing that's an issue with Paimon?" He sighed.

Lumine nodded. "Sometimes, she doesn't know when she's saying too much."

Diluc smiled. "Well then, you're welcome."

《•~~~•》

Lumine was back in the cavern. She already had the Tiara of the Dead on and took a deep breath.

She held out her hand. "Crepus Ragnvindr, I call upon your soul. Will you speak?"

A hiss rang out. Mist gathered in the room.

"I do not call you to fight." She said. "I wish only to talk. Will you come?"

The mist thickened. It gathered and formed the body of a man with long red hair, a closely shaven beard, a bloodstained white vest, and a glove on his left hand with a delusion on it.

The man opened his eyes. "You have called me not to fight, but to talk? Who are you?"

"I'm an know here as The Traveler." She smiled at him. "Your son, Diluc, is a close friend. I wish to know some things."

The father nodded. "I see. What is it you wish to know?"

(Hmmmmmm. I'm ending it here. It's not the end of the story. Don't worry. I just wanted some Lumine and Diluc bonding. It's not a ship, but more of an older brother/father bonding. She needs family.)