Ch. 1 Getting and Going

Lumine walked into Sumaru City, only to find Cyno at the gate.

Paimon noticed, too. "Hey, is that Cyno?"

The General Mahamatra walked over. "I was hoping to see you here."

Lumine blinked. "Has something happened?"

He looked around. "Yes, but let's not discuss it here. Come with me."

The two walked to the Akademiya, where the traveling pair found Dehya and Alhaitham waiting for them.

Paimon looked at them. "This looks serious. Paimon's worried. What happened?"

Cyno sighed. "It's about the Abyss Order."

Lumine clinched her fist. "What about them?"

Paimon floated a few inches away. 'Uh oh.'

The white-haired man crossed his arms. "They've been making attacks around the city, but they haven't attacked the city yet. We've found they have a bass deep in the desert."

Alhaitham nodded. "We know that you have dealt with the Abyss Order before. You seemed like a good option to assist us."

Lumine nodded. "Count me in."

Dehya chuckled. "I knew you would agree." She crossed her arms. "You want to head out now?"

She nodded. "Now."

《•~~~•》

Cyno looked at the sky. "It's getting late. The desert is dangerous at night, and the Abyss Order will have the advantage at night. Let's set up camp and rest."

Paimon sighed. "Finally. Paimon thought we were going to keep walking forever."

Dehya laughed. "Come on, Paimon. You float around everywhere. It can't be that tiring."

"Hey! You have no idea how many muscles it takes to fly!"

"Calm down, Paimon." Lumine put a hand on her. "She's just playing."

"Humh!" Paimon crossed her arms.

She sighed. "I can cook dinner for us. Dehya, can you set up camp? We can use that cave to save some time."

"Not a problem."

Alhaitham crossed his own arms. "I must stay, It's interesting to see Dehya taking directions."

The mercenary snorted. "Clearly, you haven't had her cooking. I'll do just about anything for it."

"She has a point." Paimon rubbed her hands. "The traveler's cooking is like no other!"

Lumine blushed. "Stop the praise. I'm going to get some wood." She walked off.

Cyno followed her with his eyes. 'She seems off. Does it have to do with the Abyss Order?'

Alhaitham looked at him. "You noticed it too, huh?"

He nodded. "It's not only that. Watch."

Alhaitham looked. "She's mindful of her left arm..."

Cyno nodded again. "She might be injured, but why hide it?" 'I'll ask her after this mission.'

About half an hour later, Lumine looked up from the fire. "Dinner's ready."

"Food!" Paimon zipped over. "What did you make this time?"

"Mondstand's Sticky Honey Roast." She handed Paimon her plate. "You were talking about wanting to have it again, so I made it."

"I've never been to Mondstand." Dehya took her plate. "But isn't this from Good Hunter? I didn't know you knew how to make it."

She shrugged. "Sara, who's practically the face of Good Hunter, gave me the recipe after I helped her."