24. The Cruelest Part

Blair was sitting on the curve of the sidewalk as she was zoned out while Officer Lou was comforting her mother who was still crying like crazy. Blair refused to watch her little sister's body get put on a trolley, covered up, and put in an ambulance truck. She could barely look at anything, she was just sitting there numb and frozen. The tears on her cheeks were dried and Ali's blood was still all over her. A cop then sat next to Blair with a notepad, "can I get your name?" He asked. "Blair. Blair Lawson" she replied still not looking. "Did you know this girl?" He asked her. "She was my little sister, my first best friend" she replied. He looked at her as his eyes filled with sorrow.

"I'm very sorry for your loss" he said to her before getting up and walking away. Officer Lou then came over and sat beside her. "I'm sorry, hun..." he said. "Do you know who was inside that car?" She asked him. "I'm afraid not. We didn't see it happen, so we have no idea what their license plate was" he replied. Blair nodded before laying her face in her hands and she cried more. Officer Lou wrapped his arm around her neck as he pulled her in for a hug while listening to her cries. "She was just a kid...she didn't have time..." she cried. Officer Lou took a deep breath as he continued holding onto Blair. "She didn't see it coming...it's all my fault, I should've been the one infront of that car..." Blair cried more.

"It's not your fault, kid. It's not your fault" Officer Lou said as he hugged her more. "All that matters is that you tried to save her. She would've been very proud" Officer Lou said with a crack at the end making Blair cry more. Blair then saw the ambulance truck driving away and her eyes widened a little and she got up and started running after it. "ALI! NO!" She ran faster but then stopped when it turned around the corner. She started to run out of breath and stood there and cried harder. She held her stomach when it felt like she was no longer breathing and fell to the ground feeling weak as she cried.

Her mother and Officer Lou came over to her and helped her back up and they both hugged her while her body felt like a ragdoll, she didn't wanna breathe anymore after witnessing her bestfriend leave her life. Blair then pushed them both away and started running back to her house. "BLAIR!" Her mom yelled. Blair ignored her and ran inside the house and inside her room. Blair's mother had completely given up and cried in Officer Lou's arms. Things happen, but this was something that Blair would never forget about what happened to her sister right infront of her.

She never thought this day would come. She also never thought that it would come to a point where her other half would die right in front of her.

With Jennifer and Ian, 9 PM

Jenn and Ian both sat on her front porch step and drank liquor that they had both stole from Jenn's parents. "I still can't believe that this bullshit curfew exists" Jenn said before taking a sip of her liquor. "What do you mean? Atleast we get to sleep in" Ian said back. "That was my point at first, but now I'm just thinking about the fact that Mrs. Mullins and Brittany use to be here and now...it's probably school related. I mean, not only that, but Blair was acting strange in 2nd period earlier this morning" she said making Ian furrow his eyebrows and look at her.

"How?" "I don't know, she just looked at me like she saw someone get murdered or something, then asked to leave the classroom and then Seth asked to go check on her but then came back after probably about...5 minutes, just to say that he couldn't find her" Jenn explained. "Maybe girl code?" He suggested meaning periods. "Thanks for not saying that weirdly" Jenn said to him as she rolled her eyes. That was until a car pulled up in front of Jenn's house and she furrowed her eyebrows. "That's not your parent's car, right?" Ian started to get worried.

"No, idiot, they're car is right there, they're inside the house sleeping" she replied. The headlights turned on and they both got up and walked towards the car as they held hands. "Hello?" Jennifer said. "I got this" Ian said as he let go of Jenn's hand and walked towards the driver's side. Jennifer walked over to Ian as he knocked on the window and the person rolled the window down. They both saw a person wearing a skull mask and Jennifer made a weird face at the person. "Oh, hey, I dig the mask but I'm not sure if you're suppose to be here" Ian said to them. They just stared at him making Jennifer have a strange feeling.