26. Save Your Heart

*She made a mistake, her best friend stuck with her, then feelings change after so much bonding.*

I knew I never should've given in. I couldn't help that I loved my boyfriend, Jake, so much that I gave myself to him.  I just didn't want him to leave me, because he said that if I loved him, then I'd give in. That was my mistake. I questioned everything after that night. We'd only dated a year when it happened. Then, I woke up realizing what a mistake it was.  I shouldn't have let him pressure me, I had to get out.

I left his house in a flash and got into my car in tears. I needed someone, and the only person I could get hold of was Michael.

I parked on the side of the road and pulled my phone out.

Me: hey, are you home?

Mikey: yeah what's up?

Me: I messed up & I need your help. Can you come over, I'm almost home

Mikey: what the hell happened?

Me: I can probably explain better face to face

Mikey: I'll be there when you get there

Me: thank you

I put my phone down and began driving home.

He was standing on my porch when I pulled in. I moved quickly just so I could get out and get to him. I was sniffling as I walked onto the porch and he came toward me, but I held my hand out, "Don't touch me, let me shower first."

He just nods and doesn't ask questions, which I am grateful for.

After I've scrubbed myself raw, and washed my hair the best I could as I sobbed, I got out and got dressed. I found Michael sitting in the living room scrolling through his social media on his phone.

I sat down next to him and cuddled into his side. He put his phone away and wrapped his arms around me and said, "Tell me when you're ready."

I cry into his chest for a while until I'm all cried out.

I pull back not looking at him and say, "First, you have to promise not to be angry with me."

"I promise. Now what happened?"

My stomach won't stop turning as I say, "Jake and I had sex."

He stared at me in confusion, "Ok, so why are you so upset?"

I sniffle some more, "Because, I didn't actually want to have sex with him. He told me that if I loved him then I'd give myself to him. He continued making me feel bad and acted like I didn't love him."

I had never seen Michael's pale face so red as he said, "What the fuck?"

Tears were starting again as I asked, "Are you mad at me?"

He squeezed me to him as he took a few deep breaths before saying, "Of course not, he pressured you. If I'm angry at anyone, it's your piece of shit boyfriend."

A week after that day, I still wasn't talking to Jake, I felt somewhat better, but I felt disgusting.

Then when I thought things couldn't get any worse, a few weeks later, I found myself in a mess. I was taking a pregnancy test. I wasn't expecting something like this at my age.

Michael was the first person I went to as soon as I realized that I had missed my period. I was a crying wreck and just from the look on his face, I could tell he wanted to make it all go away for me. He bought a couple of tests for me and was currently standing outside the bathroom.