33. The Only Hope For Me Is You

*She didn't know it, but as she was saving him from his slandered name he was saving her too. This is completely made up and just a strange fantasy story.*

It was a name everyone knew; a name no one could even try to forget and he would be forever cursed with this god forsaken name.

He was Michael Clifford and he wasn't the culprit.

Michael's life was normal once; he had loving parents and friends and his life was pretty decent.

His father was Dennis and he had a thing for beautiful young women; for about eleven years after his son Michael was born Dennis kept his obsession at bay. Then the year Michael was twelve everything changed.

Dennis' obsession got worse and he wasn't cheating. It was way worse than cheating; he liked to see if their insides were just as beautiful.

No one knew what was really going in the lives of the Clifford family; his father was harboring a very big secret and would be for the next few years or so. Everyone knew something was happening though because girls were beginning to vanish.

It began slowly; a couple of girls would go missing every six months or less and would be found in a field cut open.

No one ever assumed it would be someone everyone knew.

When Michael was fourteen his father was caught and he didn't know what to think. He was very confused and wasn't sure how this could happen because his father wasn't like that; Michael didn't really know his father though so he gave up on hoping that it wasn't true when he found the weapons.

The weapons were hidden at the old family lake house in the shed; Michael used to go with his dad to fish and just talk. What he found was that the lake house became a slaughterhouse; the girls were kept there to be violated and tortured until he decided to kill them. Michael was sickened by it and he couldn't go to school and face anyone because of this.

Michael was homeschooled until he was sixteen because his mother finally decided to force him to go back.

Michael didn't know what it was going to be like; he refused any contact with people he once knew while he was homeschooled. It would be weird to go to school you'd already been to as a new student.

It was bad; everyone stared at him and whispered because they knew who he was. They were scared; he was even more scared.

The other students noticed that Michael was very different; his hair was a different color and his wardrobe was completely different. Everyone avoided him like the plague except for one person.

He was sitting by himself at lunch when she plopped down across from him without a word. He was flabbergasted and didn't know if he should say something, but she didn't look at him. He was just surprised at how comfortable she seemed.

This happened for about six or more months; she would sit across from him at lunch without speaking and occasionally walked with him in the halls.

Then one day she sat down across from him like usual until she said said, "Hi, I'm Y\N."

"H-Hi, I'm Michael," he mumbled uncomfortably.

"Don't you just hate people?"

"I-I guess."

She finally looked at him and smiled softly, "How are you today?"

He shrugged and she understood somehow and nodded along as she said, "Me too."

Michael was amazed and felt kind of giddy and he wondered if she knew about him.

The conversation ended there, but not them.