Lisa's Birthday

(JenLisa, alcohol mentioned)

—Jennie's pov—

It's Lisa's birthday today, and Jennie is eager to celebrate. However, Lisa decided to go to a party with her friends rather than spend it with Jennie. That's okay, Jennie got over it. She cooked a birthday feast for Lisa earlier, and it was spread on the table now, all of her favorites. The TV was set to Lisa's favorite show as well. Jennie even put on a fancy dress and set out a tuxedo for Lisa to wear if she wanted.

Jennie is about to wrap her gift for Lisa, when her phone pings with a notification.

Lili: I'll be home in 10 minutes~ <3

Jennie smiled and wrapped the gift faster. Once she was done she set it neatly on the counter and made sure there were no mistakes in the decorations that she had hung.

Ten minutes later, she sat at the table expectantly, thinking about reheating the food she had made.

Twenty minutes now.

Nini: I want to wish my love a happy birthday, come back soon~

Jennie set her phone down. Five minutes later, she picked it back up and decided to send something else.

Nini: Are you stuck in traffic? :(

Forty minutes now.

She calls Lisa. The phone rang and rang, making Jennie disappointed. Just as she was preparing hang up, the call was answered. Jennie immediately steadied her grasp on the phone and held it closer to her face.

"Baby, are you almost home?"

"Sorry, Lisa can't really come to the phone right now..."

"Who is this?" Jennie pulled the phone away from her ear and made sure she had called Lisa and not someone else by accident.

"Oh, I'm Lisa's friend, Jisoo."

Jennie remembers Lisa mentioning someone named 'Jisoo' one time.

"So," Jennie started, still a little wary, "why do you have Lisa's phone?"

After she asked, she rolled her eyes lightly. One of Lisa's friends had probably brought out alcohol and Lisa had drunk way too much. Or, Lisa must be playing some sort of prank on her? No, the first option sounded more like Lisa.

Jennie grabbed her keys and prepared to walk to the convenience store for a hangover drink, and to go and fetch Lisa from her friend's house.

"Um," Jisoo cleared her throat, clearly finding it hard to say whatever she was going to say.

Jennie waited, thinking that Jisoo would tell her why..?

"Jennie.. Lisa got into a car accident."