Chapter 3: the doctor

"So Izuku, I see that you just turned four. That's exciting," the nurse wrote down Izuku's height and weight, making small talk as she did.

"I did! Daddy, papa, and I went get ice cream after dinner!"

Shouta chuckled at his son's excitement that beamed on his face. He truly didn't get his personality from him.

"What's your favorite kind of ice cream?"

Izuku thought about it for a second. "I like mint, but not all the time. Chocolate is good, but sometimes I like to try the one that daddy gets," Izuku looked over to Shouta.

"He likes coffee ice cream like a crazy person," Hizashi poked fun.

"You're calling yourself a crazy person too, you know," Shouta pointed out. "You married this crazy person."

"Izuku, your daddy is being mean to me," Hizashi joked.

"Don't be mean to papa!"

The group of adults chuckled at the quick interaction.

The nurse smiled at them seeing that they were just a happy family. Eventually they made it to a room where they could wait.

"Izuku, the doctor is going to come in and see what that quirk of yours can do. He will then be able to put a name to it and try to predict what other things you might be able to do when you're older."

Izuku's eyes sparkled, excitement filling up to the brim.

"He will be here shortly," she bowed, closing the door behind her, leaving the family alone.

Shouta and Hizashi each sat in a chair that was in the room after they helped lift Izuku onto the bed looking thing (please know what I'm talking about).

Everything seemed normal, but deep down, Hizashi felt as if something was off.

He couldn't quite put a finger on it, but there was a piece of a puzzle that didn't belong.

"Babe, what's wrong?" Shouta asked, sensing the worry in Hizashi.

"I don't know. I just got uneasy for no reason."

The two shrugged it off, not believing it was anything to truly worry about.

The time ticked on by, moving slower with each passing second. It seemed like forever till the doctor came into the room, when truly it was only 5 minutes.

The only thing was, the doctor wasn't alone. Another man, someone younger than himself, followed close behind with a clipboard and such in hand.

"Hello Aizawa family. I'm Dr. Soma with me is doctor in training, Leviathan."

"I shall be watching over the procedures done today to study for my future career," he bowed. "Also please call me Levi."

"Thank you Dr. Soma and of course Levi," Shouta slightly bowed his head.

Hizashi felt the uneasiness build up again. It wasn't the doctor causing it. He knew that. It was Levi. His name both full and shortened didn't seem to fit him.

"So Izuku, is it?"

"Yep!" The small boy smiled brightly.

"I'm going to have to run a few test on you to know things about your quirk. My own quirk allows me to predict the growth of your power," he explained to him.

"What exactly are the tests?" Shouta asked.

"Blood sample, DNA sample, and him showing me what he can do already. Him using his quirk will be supervised and monitored for everyone's safety," the doctor replied smoothly.