Chapter 17: the roof

Leviathan heard rumors about what happened to the teen who disappeared. No one was allowed to speak his name. Bad things would happen if the name was spoken.

He had tried to keep tabs on Hawks and Glitch but the two's schedules were starting to get out of sync.

Hawks was being more involved in his special assignment while Glitch was starting his.

The two boys were the gems of the commission. They were to be polished in every single way. The other was just a spot that had to be cleaned off.

Leviathan could sense something was going to change in the walls of this operation. A stone would cause a ripple effect throughout everything   He didn't know when, what or who would be the stone in question.

He stood on the roof of the building, looking out onto the horizon. The sun was starting to set, but he could still feel the warmth of the sun on his face.

"When was the last time these kids felt this?" He asked himself. The warmth of the sun. Something so beautiful yet a stranger to the people underneath him in the building.

"Why am I doing this?" He asked himself another question. "Why did I take this job?"

The role he played throughout the years. He had to be twisted and dark. Having Glitch almost drown in front of him, altered his emotions.

He was the one who brought him in the commission. He's the one who picked him out of the two hero children. He was the one who planned his taking. He's the one who took him.

He didn't want to bring another kid into this life. He had done it one too many times, but he couldn't just quit.

He knew too many secrets. Knew to many of the illegal things that went on inside the commission.

Plus the police and commission worked hand and hand. Things would never work out well for him.

He let out a sigh watching the remaining of the sunset.

"My life is in the commission's hands. I'm just the dog that does the dirty work."

—-

Izuku was back to normal after a good night's sleep. However, Qi gave him a few days off from everything to "rest".  He hated it.

He was bored. He trained physically and with the safe parts of his quirk. He wanted to try out the virus but didn't know what to focus it on. He didn't even know the side effects of it.

He groaned in anger letting his quirk seep through his skin, sending a wave out into the walls of his room.

The green wave didn't expand past the walls, keeping everything inside.

"Stupid allergy. Stupid cats. Stupid everything!" He was annoyed. Annoyed at himself for letting a small animal get the better of him, but mostly because it was out of his control.

He didn't know exactly how allergies worked, but he just knew he hated them.

Maybe Qi wanted him to build up his anger. Emotions did affect quirks. He figured that one out. What if this was just training in a different way?

He didn't know the answer and it annoyed him.

He lied on the floor, not wanting to be on his bed. The cold ground felt fresh on his skin.

His mind started to wander. He hated when that happened. He couldn't control his thoughts and his thoughts would go to the two men who gave him away.

"Shouta and Hizashi," he muttered their names. He wanted to forget their names. He had forgotten somewhat of what they looked like, but if he were to see them again, he would know right away.