Chapter 24: to be human

Hawks woke up drenched in his own sweat. His breathing uneven, with his wings sprawled out.

"What the hell?" His lover groaned getting hit with one of his wings.

"Sorry, bad dream," Kegio apologized, rubbing his face.

"Want to talk about it?"

"There was this kid a few days ago that came by the office. He knew about the program. He tried to get me to talk about it. I thought no one knew about it let alone a teenager from UA!" Kegio stressed.

"Did you say anything about it?"

"There were too many ears and eyes in that building."

"Good call. The only reason why I'm off their radar is because I don't showcase my time there."

"Yet you still wear the tag," Kegio pointed out.

"We've worn them most of our lives. It would be weird if we didn't wear them."

"True point. They still have me under their wing, no pun intended. They started to talk about Glitch with me."

"How is he?"

"I haven't seen him since he killed Leviathan. It's been a few years."

His lover silently hummed, getting out of bed.

"Where are you going?" Kegio asked.

"Get something to drink, you want anything?"

"Water."

Kegio watched has his lover walked out of the room. It was weird to think once he got out of the 24 hour control of the commission he would be able to find the person he's always wanted.

It took him off guard seeing the once white hair turned jet black and his skin more burnt, but his eyes still looked the same as back then.

Toyua and him had found each other. Kegio didn't understand how. He thought death claimed him, but Toyua escaped it.

Yet, he never explained how.

Toyua came back in, tossing a water bottle to Kegio.

"Thank you."

"Try to get back to sleep. We are both light sleepers because of that place," Toyua spoke, getting back into bed.

—-

Izuku jolted awake, hearing the sounds of Amari escape him.

He never understood how snoring could wake him up instantly. He groaned, putting his head back onto his pillow.

There was no way of him falling back asleep.

He glanced over to the clock in his room and made out that it was 3 am. He still had 2 hours till he had to wake up anyway.

He pushed the sheets off him, getting out of bed. Amari tossed around in his sleep with the sounds of the sheets echoing in the room.

Izuku just watched his roommate. He couldn't believe that he told him his real name. It's one of the most important rules, yet it felt like the right thing to do.

Was he starting to care about this person?

He shook the feeling out his head. He's a killer. He shouldn't care about anyone else other than himself.

But for the first time in his life, someone saw him as a person. To Amari he wasn't just a killer. He wasn't someone who wasn't wanted.

His mind moved to Hawks and Toyua...is this how they felt towards each other. For the first time in his life he understood them.