Chapter 19: the killer

Izuku didn't see Leviathan for the next week. It was has if he just vanished from sight, just like Toyua.

Kegio started to be in and out with his internship so Izuku was alone during meal times.

He ate in silence, always on alert to the things around him. He noticed Inko in the corner of his eye, talking to the guards. She moved swiftly through each and every one of them, telling them something.

Once she finished going through the guards, her eyes moved to Izuku. He let his eyes meet hers.

She seemed different than normal. She had something planned. Something was going to happen. When she took a step forward to walk towards him, he knew he was going to be involved.

"Ms. Inko," he bowed his head, greeting her.

"Qi told me about the roof situation," she spoke to him.

He didn't utter a word. This was going to go good for him or bad.

"The commission is proud of the words you spoke. If it weren't for you we wouldn't have caught the "problem" in the program."

"The commission is my home. I aim to do it proud."

"After meal time, come with me. Your special assignment class for the day will be a little different. Qi has been informed about it and it's something that needs to be done."

"Yes ma'am."

"We are very proud of you Glitch."

With that, she walked away leaving him alone once again. Meal time was about to end anyway.

—-

The murmurs were loud in the hall. Adults and trainees alike were heading in the same direction as him and Inko.

He eyebrows scrunched together, something was happening and it was big.

"Turn here," Inko instructed him, placing her hand on his back.

"Everyone is heading the same way," he pointed out.

"And you are wanting to know why, am I correct?"

"Yes."

"What that man said is treason to the commission. It's not everyday someone betrays us. We want to remind both young and old on what happens when we are turned on by our own."

Izuku stepped time and time with her, keeping up to a separate room that connected to a viewing arena.

All the higher ups locked eyes with Inko and him. He felt out of place, but he was here for a reason.

"Qi, explain to him his orders," Inko told her walking off to grab something.

Izuku looked eyes with his instructor. She had a smirk planted on her face. "Glitch, we are testing virus on a living being. Your orders is to make the death painful and slow. We are setting an example. Ms. Inko will say that you were chosen for one reason to make this kill. It will be true, but this is part of your assignment training. You are dismissed when told. Do you understand your orders?"

"Make the kill slow and painful. Understood."

"Good. I like the braid," she changed the subject to compliment his hair.

"Ms. Inko taught me," he replied, fixing his gaze onto a random point in the room.

He felt his power intensify inside of him, just waiting for the moment to be set free.

"We are ready Inko," Qi spoke for both herself and Izuku.

"Good, everyone to your positions. Qi-"

"On it!"