XVII: Sad Truth

XVII: Sad Truth

Third POV

Hiro stared blankly ahead as he sat on one of the chairs in Katsuki's office.

Kirishima stood by one of the walls, watching as Jirou brought in a first aid kit and began to try and take care of him, but the boy brush her aside.

"It's not my blood. It's my mama." He whispered, moving his arm away from her grasp slowly, and placed one on his forehead, "Mama..."

Kirishima just waved his hand, calling Jirou over so they could just wait in silence for Katsuki.

In no less than 15 minutes, Katsuki did show up.

More awake and level-headed to take control of things from here.

He was quiet when he approached his own seat, merely staring at the boy who continued to look down in his lap.

"Hiro," Katsuki started, "How are you feeling?"

"When was the last time you ate, slept...?"

The boy shrugged, "The last time I remember really sleeping, was the day you and my mama talked, and I haven't eaten since then as well."

He watched as Katsuki placed down a sandwich wrapped in tinfoil and a bottle of juice.

"Eat." Katsuki pushed, "A room is be prepared for you as we speak."

He watched as the boy took a sigh and carefully reached forward and unraveled the sandwich.

He ate slowly, taking one or two little bites before he placed it down.

"Hiro, what happened?" Katsuki tried to ask, but the boy had other ways of trying to explain, "How'd you even get here?"

The backpack he'd been gripping this entire time went loose as he reached out for the letter his mom had written in a hurry.

"One of my neighbors were aware of everything." Hiro stated, "Tonight, my mama gave me a huge amount of money to pay the neighbor for their silence and time because my mama promised them he could take care of things."

"I snuck over and had the neighbor drive me here, and I ensured it was still dark when they did so they wouldn't see all the blood on me, and when we were close enough to here I had them stop and I acted like I was going to one of the neighboring homes and walked here when they had left."

"That's a very risky thing to go along with." Katsuki muttered, watching Hiro nod.

"I'm just happy they didn't turn on the lights or ask too many questions." The boy sniffled, "My papa was planning on taking us away so my mama felt that he had to get me out now." as he let go of the backpack he carried and dug around for a letter.

It was crumpled, and had tear stains as Hiro handed it over to Katsuki.

"It's from Mama." The boy simpered, as it was gently taking from his hands.

Unraveling the paper, Katsuki tried to contain the rage that was slowly boiling within him as he read the letter addressed to him.