♡ 6 ♡

I wiped the table clean after we had finished eating.

When I turned around, Yujin said, "Let me help you."

"Oh no, I can handle it" I said to him.

"bu-" he got cut off when mom pulled him to the living room and told him just to relax

"gunwook help your sister here first"

After Gunwook and I had done cleaning, we went into the living room, where the three were busy scrolling thru their phones.

We talked with them for a while before deciding to call it a night because it was late and we still had school the next day.

"We'll be taking our leave Ms. Park" the three of them said

"Be careful on the way home, and it was great meeting Yujin. Come here whenever you guys want" mom said to them.

"It was nice meeting you too Ms. Park and thank you for the food, it was delicious"

I walked them to the gate with Gunwook and we said our goodbyes.

I bid them good night and told them I would see them tomorrow as they began to walk home.

When I shut the door, my mom said something that caught me off guard.

"you two look good together" she was enjoying her tea at the dining table when I turned to face her.

"w-who?" I asked in confusion, trying not to make any assumptions.

"you two look good together, you and yujin"

When I protested what she said and replied "M-MOM we're only friends, plus I just met him."

"oh hyewon there is something called love at first sight, didn't you feel that with yujin"

"N-NO" I replied starting to get flustered at what mom just said.

She said, "Okay if you say so" and smiled—clearly a teasing smile.

"love at first sight, yeah right" I mumbled to myself, making my way to my room.

I went about my usual routine and got into bed. I was scrolling through my phone when I received a message.

YUJIN

hey, it's yujin btw

I just got home

thanks again for tonight, I really enjoyed your mom's cooking

good night hyewon!!

hey!

good to know you got home safe

good night yujin, sleep well ^^

after replying to his message, I placed my phone down right next to me and turned the lamp off.

I snuggled into the blanket, cradling a pillow to my chest as I drifted off to sleep.

//TIME SKIP//

The light came in through my window. Another day had begun. The dawn symphony of melodious birdsong began to creep in. I stepped to the window, rubbing my tired eyes. The sky had a beautiful hue to it.

The first week of school is already over, and it is now Saturday. I walked out of my room and waltzed into the kitchen, where I could smell the delicious scent of freshly made coffee. I am not someone who enjoys getting up early, but the aroma of that coffee easily roused me up today. I wouldn't have gotten out of bed so easily on any other day.