Chapter Six

Ambers POV

My dad had motioned me to sit on the couch. I did. "Mom took an early flight back home to surprise you and...." My work slowly came crashing down. He didn't have to finish that sentence for me to know what happened. "..the flight had taken of about an hour and they lost connection and had crashed." Tears slowly worked their way down my dads face. Warm salty liquid fled down my cheeks. I couldn't take this anymore. I ran upstairs to my room. I grabbed my phone and opened up my contacts the first name I saw was Isaiah's. I clicked his number; hoping he would pick up his phone. "Hello?" He answered. "Isaiah...." My voice cracked. "Are you okay? I'll be over in a second ok?" He said. My hands were trembling. I couldn't stop the sobs from coming out. "Baby talk to me." Isaiah demanded. I tried to say something, anything but nothing came out.

__________________________

Isaiah's POV

I was driving back to my house when I heard my ring. I saw that it was Amber. What does she want I left her house 5 minutes ago. "Hello?" I answered. "Isaiah...." Her voice cracked and it sounded as if she was crying. "Are you okay?" I asked. "I'll be over in a second." I turned my car around, causing a few unhappy honks from people. I didn't hear Amber talking and I thought she had hung up. I don't know what's happening so I get worried. "Baby talk to me." I could hear her sobs and I was relieved to hear her. It made me sad just hearing her cry. I wanted to hold her and comfort her. Once I pulled up in her drive way I didn't even take my keys in with me; I left them in the ignition but I turned my car off.

I ran up to her door, not even knocking. Thank goodness the door was unlocked. I'm sure her dad was probably mad that I barged in but I don't care. All I cared about was getting to Amber. I saw her dad on the couch. His face in his hands, sniffling. I ran up the stairs. I realized then I still had my phone to my ear. I pulled it down and ended the call. I opened Ambers door and saw the worst sight that I never want to see again. Amber was curled up in a ball, crying her eyes out.

I ran to her side. I knelt down beside her bed. "Amber, Amber, baby was the matter?" She wouldn't lift her head or say anything. All the sudden she hooks her left arm around my neck, burying her face in the crook of my neck. "Scoot over," I say standing up. She obeys me and moves, still not lifting up her head. I can feel her tears running down my neck. I bring her in a tight hug, rubbing circles in her back. Her voice scared me a little, not expecting her to talk. "My mom...... She... Was on a plane and it..." She whispered. But I quickly interrupted her. "Shhh. Shhh it's ok." I said into her hair. I kissed the top of her head. She didn't have to finish the sentence for me to know what happened.

***

Amber stopped crying but still sniffled. Her small hands were trembling, so I took them in my large ones cupping them and bringing them to my mouth. I left gentle kisses on them. I knew how Amber felt. I lost my mom too. I felt as if my living world had stopped and crumpled up and ended. I shut myself off for a year and a half. I didn't let people help me. I didn't want help. I just wanted to be alone. My world had ended so why should I be alive? I even started cutting my self, hoping that I would cut too deep and I have my soul taken from this earth. That was also when I started my rebellious stage. My mom was every thing and we were so close. I didn't know why or what my mom did to deserve getting her life cut short.

The memory brought back pain and my eyes filled with tears but I quickly held them back, pushing those memories out of my head. I thought Amber was asleep so I tried to wiggle out of her bed. I must have woke her up because he grabbed a fist full of my shirt and tugged me to stay with her. "Please. Please don't go. I don't want to be alone. Please.." She whispered. I nodded and turned her lamp off before climbing back in bed with her. Just as I was about to be pulled from consciousness I felt my phone buzz. I was my dad calling. I had declined the call and turned off my phone. Knowing I'll pay for it when I get home. But right now, I don't care. I'm going to be here for Amber because I know how it feels and I didn't have the help I needed and I wanted her to. I held Amber close to my warm body. I could hear her lightly snoring in her sleep.