Chapter Thirty-Eight

"Hello?" Amber sounded tired. "Hey baby!" I cheered. I forgot how tiring school can be. It was just the first day but god was I tired. "How was you're day beautiful?"

"I want to come home! I don't know anybody here, I have no classes with Drea, and these teachers are so strict. We just started today and I have a five page essay due Friday!" She wined. "No to be rude, but that's what happens when you major in English.. And the whole 'you don't know anybody', Amber, you are a social butterfly. Trust me. Just give everything some time."

"Isaiah.. I just want to be home. I was late to three of my classes because I couldn't find them and I had nobody to help me." She wasn't crying.. She only does that for important stuff, she was just upset. "Go get a tub of ice cream.. That will make you feel better since I can't be there."

"No! That will make me fat you asshole! How are my babies." She asked coughing. "I'm doing perfectly fine.. Well I could use a massage, and a little sleep, but other then that I'm okay. Thanks for asking."

"You're an idiot. I was talking about Felix and Apollo."

"Oh shit.. I forgot to feed them yesterday.. Oops." I laid down on my bed and kicked my shoes off. "Isaiah! Those poor babies! I knew I couldn't leave you with them!"

"Calm the fuck down.. I was joking." I laughed.

"When am I going to see you again?" She asked. That was a good question. We can't see each other every weekend, because we both don't have the money to waste on gas. "I don't know baby.. It will be soon though. I miss you." It was ten o'clock at night. We had been on the phone for three hours with each other, and didn't plan on getting off any time soon.

"I miss you more." She yawned. "I guess I should let you go. I love you so much baby." I wanted to hug and kiss her, but I couldn't. "I love you too. Goodnight." I hung up the phone unwillingly.

I took a quick shower and ate some left over food from last night before crawling in bed.

To: Babygirl
Goodnight my love. I know it's hard, but it was just the first day. Tomorrow will be better. Before you know it, you're going to be ditching me for your college friends.. I miss you so much. I wish you were here laying next to me with your face snuggled in my chest and my arms around your small body with my lips on your forehead. Try to keep warm okay? I promise when u come back we can cuddle the whole weekend and I will keep u warm. I love you so very much that my heart aches rite now, but I know I will see you soon. Goodnight beautiful have sweet dreams and know u will be in mine.

I sent the message and set my phone down on the nightstand. Just as I got comfortable Felix decided he wanted to go outside. I would just ignore him but he won't stop messing with me until he gets what he wants. I grabbed his leash and hooked it to his collar.

Outside, Felix decided he just wanted to smell the ground and see the cars go by. I wasn't in the mood to be staying outside with him all night. After making him come back in, I found Apollo on my pillow again. I swear one of these days I'm going to kill that cat! I grabbed his tummy and set him on the ground.

****

After school I had to go straight to my work. At three, college lets out and I go to work from three thirty to seven at night. It's not much, but it's better than going to school at night and work durning the day.

Work is hard. It requires a lot of bending down and lifting heavy boxes. It hurts my knees a lot and when I come home I usually have to take tons of medicine to stop the pain.