Sticking To The Plan

With an pained expression, I wrapped the robe tightly around my body then exited the bathroom. As soon as I entered my hotel room I was forcefully met with hot clammy air; even though the sun has set the weather has yet to change. From a distance I was still able to make out the spectacular view from my hotel room, my white curtains where spread wide and slowly danced across the floor as small breaths from the outside found it's way into my room.

My hand soon found its way to my cheek and brushed off the miniature repetitive water droplets that have fallen from my damp hair. I began to walk deeper into the room and approach the vanity at the bottom of the bed, my hands reach out once more and pulls the wooden chair out from underneath the table. Hesitantly, I lifted my head and stared into the mirror and examined my appearance.  Underneath my russet eyes are tiny dark circles which have a slight tint of redness and puffiness - due to my lack of sleep from the previous night. My pale skin is unfortunately not in the best condition either, pores are slightly obvious now due to the change in weather, and the sudden breakout is not helping with the complexion and the hair...

Well let's not really mention that. The mop on my head is tangled once again and my curly hair isn't helping this situation. Since I go through a lot of product when washing my hair, I had sadly ran out of the products I need to maintain my curls about a week ago. So no we're stuck with...well this I suppose.

" God, what am I suppose to do now?" I sulked whilst slouching further into my chair and let out a groan. The only solution I have is to attempt to work the brush through my hair and dry it, leave it to air dry into an tangled mess or straightening it. " But who in the right mind has the energy to straighten hair?" I question as my eyes look towards the hairdryer and that's when it hit me, I have left it at the other motel along with the rest of my belongings.

" Looks like it's just you and me bud," peering down at the hairdryer I soon realised what difficulty was about to happen.

                                ~ O O O ~

" Finally!" I cheer to myself as I wrap the cord around the hairdryer and place it back onto the table. About half way through I gave up on trying to use the brush and hairdryer closely together to straighten my hair, instead I decided to just focus on drying it. After a couple minuets of doing this I had successfully managed to dry it.

" Now its just deciding how to style it, how hard can it be?" I reassured my self. For a couple of moments I remain still and think about what style will be effortless to do but will still look as if effort was put into it. From the corner of my eye, I notice an dark brown claw clip sat on top of the new clothes I bought yesterday. " Oh thank god," with a relief I lean over and grab the clip. With almost no thought whatsoever, I gathered all my hair from the nape of my neck and used my index and middle finger to hook my hair. After that I twirl my hair tightly around my fingers and tuck the couple of strands that stick out into the twist : then I grab the claw clip and secure it around my hair creating...well almost the perfect French twist hairstyle. I reach my hands up and gently pull out my curtain bangs and allow them to shape my face.

" Okay, think we're good to go, just need to-"

Before I could finish my little conversation with myself, my phone started to ring from on top of the bed. I frantically dive onto the bed and reach for my phone and answer the call.

" Hello?" I speak into the phone, hoping for an familiar response.

" Pearl, it's Jeremy. I'm outside the hotel you're staying at , grab all your stuff and come down. Also, wear the glasses." Jeremy ordered down the phone before quickly hanging up.

" Well isn't he in a cheery mood this morning?" I quickly grab the white linen trousers from inside the clothes bag and pair it with an black eyelet embroidery cami top, the necklace Daniel got me and an nice pair of black sling back sandals before scurrying into the bathroom to change.