So it begins

[Orion/Alastor POV]

It's now a few months after my little brother Rudeus was born, and the house was quite a bit more lively with all the trouble he got up to, and he definitely gets more attention than me. not that I'm complaining, I like peace and quiet to think. speak of the devil and it'll disappear, Zenith is looking for Rudy. Probably up to no good again.

Zenith - "Rudy? Where are you? Rudeus? Alastor have you seen Rudy?

Orion - "Nope, not seen him."

Zenith walks down into the dining/living area, leaving me in my room reading a book on magic. with Rudy being here it's given me some much needed time and space to learn magic in peace. I've also figured a way to reinforce my body with mana, and also increase my strength. if I focus my practice on those it can be used to deadly effect on the battlefield. I'm also able to silently cast all types of spells, which might be strange in this world, because every time I've seen someone use a spell so far they've said the incantation. I've started practicing the saint class water spell 'Cumulonimbus' and I'm competently an advanced universal mage, and my mana reserves are massive, I don't tire at all after practice sessions these days.

[author note - our boy Orion really isn't taking it lightly, he's growing in strength quickly because I say so :P]

Where do I practice? I found a nice spot a good while away from any villages and towns, so it's safe for me to practice saint class magic at least. speaking of saint class magic, water isn't the only class of magic I'm saint class at. with the experience I've gained from my previous life being a nuclear certified mechanical and marine engineer I know that if I ever want to use the full extent of my knowledge then having a mass-area detoxification spell would be an incredibly useful asset, so yeah, Im a saint class detoxification mage, with my sights set on becoming a divine mage one day.

[what's this? KINGU CRIMSON!]

Today is a very special day for me... It's my 5th birthday today! In this new... well I can't really call it new anymore, I've been here for 5 years already! In this world, birthdays aren't celebrated like they were back on earth, they're celebrated once every 5 years. So we are having a large feast to celebrate.

Zenith - "I can't believe my first son is already five! it feels like it was just yesterday that you were a little baby!"

Paul - "I cant believe it either!"

Everyone - "Happy 5th birthday, Alastor!"

Orion - "Thank you very much!"

[author is too lazy to describe a party.... mostly because he's never been to one -.-]

Paul - "Happy birthday, Al. I overheard you talking to yourself in your room a while ago, so I got you something!"

Paul proceeds to reveal a longsword some form of emerald in the hilt

My jaw drops, then I proceed to rush at Paul and hug him 

Orion - "thank you thank you thank you! it's perfect!"

Paul - "but I think it's a bit big for you right now"

I go to pick up the sword, while activating my strengthening ability, and manage with no difficulty whatsoever. Everyone looks at me shocked.

Orion - "Also, I would like to start training with a sword. Could you teach me, Father?"

Paul's eyes light up at my question, and then he hugs me, picking me up at the same time.

Paul - "I'd love to! when do you want to start?!"

Orion - "Tomorrow would be a good time to start"

after that the party slowly died down and we all went to bed after helping to clear up.

END OF CHAPTER