Children and Warriors

[Orion/Alastor POV]

Its been almost two weeks since the arrest shenanigans and We've grinded our rank up to D rank. We were able to take 4 quests a day by splitting up in pairs, me and Eris together, with Ruijerd and Rudy teamed together. Our reasoning? Ruijerd had his sense organ to help him find the quest objectives, and I had good tracking skills because I was a hobbyist hunter... And there was the fact that Eris clung to me the second I mentioned it. anyway, we have just picked up our first C rank quest and are making our way to it as a group.

Orion - "Our job is to investigate a mysterious monster in the Petrified Forest. We get five scrap-iron pieces for investigating. Two iron pieces if we slay it. It ain't a bad deal."

Eris - "What's the mysterious monster?"

Orion - "If anybody knew it wouldn't be a mystery."

Eris - "Is it strong?"

Orion - "Probably."

Eris - "Great! I can't wait to meet it!"

She runs off ahead of us.

After a while we make it to the forest, and make our way through it until we see two parties arguing. It's that party of kids that stay in the same inn as us, and some random party of orcs. The orc leader? shoves Gablin... I think that's his name anyway, and Kurt steps in front of him.

Kurt - "What's the big idea?!"

Orc Leader? - "I told you to back off, brats."

Kurt - "Shut up! You back off!"

Orc Leader? - "Can't you tell it's more than you can handle?"

Kurt - "It is not!"

I walk up to them, keeping my sword sheathed to show I don't mean to harm them

Orion - "Excuse me."

Kurt - "It's Rational Chaos!"

Orc leader? - "Huh? What're you doing here?"

Orion - "We came to investigate a mysterious monster on a job from the guild."

Orc Leader? - "You, too, huh?"

Orion - "Don't tell me they gave out multiple copies of this quest..."

Kurt - "Yeah, we're here on a similar job."

Orc Leader? - "A triple booking? Damn those screw-ups at the guild. Anyway! I won't let you brats run off with our prize! Go home and get to bed!"

The orc party walks away, deeper into the forest.

Kurt - "What?! Wh-Who'd want your help, anyway?!"

Orc Leader? - "Then it's first come, first served. You won't have an easy time in here, though."

Kurt - "Damn it. Let's get moving!

They run off and the others walk up to me.

Eris - "What was that about?"

Orion - "Our jobs are overlapping. It's a race to the prize at this point."

Eris - "Do we give up?"

Orion - "No."

Eris - "Alright, lets go then!"

Ruijerd - "Wait. I'm worried about those children. We should help them."

Orion - "We'll shadow them. They probably wont agree to working together outright."

We begin tailing them, my senses are on high alert, picking up every small sound, every twitch of movement in by vision