No Such Thing As a Free Lunch

[This episode is half just Rudy in the Doldia village prison... Which is completely cut out. Again it's going to be shorter than some of the other chapters.]

[Orion/Alastor POV]

We're walking through the camp, and the villagers are... Glaring at me? It kind of makes sense, given that they just had their village raided by humans not too long ago. We make it to what seems to be the chief's house and enter. The old man walks to a table and motions for me to sit opposite him.

Chief? - "Alastor, as chieftain of the Dedoldia, I wish to thank you for freeing our children from the slavers. My name is Gustav Dedoldia, that is Gyes, my son."

Orion - "It's a pleasure to meet you, Gustav... Wait Dedoldia?"

Gustav - "Yes that is our tribe's name."

Orion - "You wouldn't happen to know a woman called Ghislaine?"

Gustav - "Yes... We do. She was an unruly child... No matter what we did she never listened. Eventually she was taken away by a wandering swordsman and that was that, we never heard from her again."

Orion - "That sounds... Drastically different from the Ghislaine I've come to know. She's a sword king now, and helped me with my training. She was also learning to read, write, and do basic maths before the mana cataclysm in the Fittoa region of Asura separated us all."

Gustav - "So the swordsman changed her that much?"

Orion - "It wasn't the swordsman that got her to learn reading writing and maths, it was experience that made her learn it. In short... She nearly died of hunger after her adventurer party disbanded... So she wanted to make sure it wouldn't happen again."

Gustav - "Ah. That makes sense. Well since we currently don't have any spare accommodations, you'll be staying in here for the night."

Orion - "Again, thank you for your hospitality, Gustav."

Gustav - "It's not an issue, Alastor. You saved my people it's the least I can do."

We head to sleep because it was late as hell. But soon I was awoken by the smell of burning. I walk out of the chief's house and see the forest burning and people screaming. Gustav and Gyes have not woken up yet.

Orion - "Wake your arses up! The forest is burning!"

They wake up immediately and rush past me. I pick up my blade and follow them. I see a child get taken hostage by an armed man, and Doldia warriors falling left right and centre. I cast Cumulonimbus to put out the fire, and free the child. I jump to ground level and begin slaughtering the slavers with my bare hands, because fuck giving them a painless death with the star saber. Between punching through their chests to tearing their heads off outright, I was past the point of caring how much blood stained my hands. I wasn't even using mana enhancement, just raw strength and rage. With myself and the other Doldia warriors, we made short work of the slavers in the village. I turn to Gyes.

Orion - "Lets go get those children back, and hopefully end this, once and for all."

Gyes - "Yes!"

We rush in the direction the slavers came from. The only road into the village. By the time we make it to the carts there's three slavers impaled on my left arm. I push them off and dash to the carts, still not using mana enhancement but still got there in a flash, taking out the remaining slavers.

Orion - "You're safe now.

Gyes - "They tried taking the village children!"

?!? - "Hey now. Give it a rest."

I whip around.

Orion - "I had my suspicions... North saint Gallus."

Gallus - "So you know my name. What are you doing with them... Hellhound? The redheaded brat and the fake Sperd are not here to save you."

Orion - "I do not require backup... I just need cleanup."

Gyes - "You know him?"

Orion - "Correction, I know of him."

Gallus - "Come on, Hellhound, Join us. Don't you know that beast brats fetch a hefty price? Some nobles with weird tastes buy 'em up. Haha! What a bunch of freaks!"

Orion - "You think I raided your place just to join up with you a couple of hours later?! Yeah, no. I'm currently covered in the blood of your comrades. Do you think I would join you?! No!"

Gallus - "You foiled our whole operation back at Zant? Then that makes this payback. If Rational Chaos wants to play hero... You made the wrong choice!"

He raises his sword at the girl, and she squeals in fear.

Orion - "Heh."

I vanish, freeing the girl from his grasp and disarming him in an instant.

Gallus's eyes go wide, as I once again vanish, this time reappearing in front of him... With my fist through his stomach... And after a short delay I'll call world lag, he goes flying into a tree, immediately loosing consciousness.

Orion - "Let this be a warning to anyone who dares attempt the lives of those under my protection!" 

I get out my phone and call Eris. She answers immediately.

Eris - "Orion! Where are you?! I-We've been so worried!"

Orion - "I'm fine, Eris. In the morning get our stuff and come to my location."

Eris - "Why?"

Orion - "I'm too tired to explain right now. You'll see when you get here."

Eris - "Okay."

I then hang up.

Orion - "Well, this is over now. Let's get everyone back so I can go back to sle-"

I pass out... Did I overdo it not using my sword? I must have just been running on adrenaline energy... I need to stop using mana enhancement as much, continue getting physically stronger and faster.

[Timeskip]

I wake up to a face full of fluff... I open my eyes to see the Sacred Beast sitting on me.

Eris - "Orion!"

Orion - "Eris."

I sit up groggily

Orion - "Where..."

Ruijerd - "The Dedoldia chieftain's house."

Orion - "Right... That happened." 

Eris - "I heard all about it! You took down a North Saint!"

Orion - "Took down is putting it lightly. Gyes, is everyone okay?"

Gyes - "There were minimal casualties because of you, Alastor... Or would you prefer me to call you by what they call you?"

Orion - "I guess, since the cat is already out the bag, sure."

Gustav - "Orion, Again I want to thank you, for not only saving my people one time, but saving them twice.

Orion - "I still cant believe that we're in a beastkin village. This'll be a great story to tell the Boreas family."

Eris - "Yeah! I'll brag to Grandfather when we get back! I can't wait to see him!"

My mind flashes to when I saved Sauros from execution, and our exile from the Kingdom of Asura

Orion - "I can't wait either, Eris."

END OF CHAPTER