A Day Off in Roa

[Orion/Alastor POV]

It's the next day, and myself, Ghislaine, Philip, and Rudy are all in the main room. Philip and Rudy were playing this world's equivalent of chess, While me and Ghislaine were just leaning against a wall.

Philip - "You did yourself proud yesterday, Rudeus."

Rudy - "No, I should be apologising. What happened was my fault. Still, I don't understand. I know why they abducted Eris, but why me as well?" 

Philip - "There are many uses for a member of the Greyrat bloodline. Both politically and physically. Do you see?"

Rudy - "I think so?"

Philip - "By the way, I assume you both understand. Under no circumstances-"

Rudy - "Yes, I understand. Ghislaine did it all, right?"

Orion - "Even though I did the heavy lifting there, I understand the reasoning."

Philip - "Good."

A woman walks in, bright red hair and a dress to match.

Philip - "Hilda."

Hilda - "Good morning, dear."

Philip - "These are Paul's sons. I've hired Rudeus as Eris's new tutor, and Alastor as a second bodyguard for her."

Rudy bows as I let him introduce himself first

Rudy - "It's a pleasure to meet you. I am Rudeus Greyrat."

She looks at him, disgust prominent on her face, then I introduce myself.

Orion - "Good morning, I am Alastor Greyrat, your daughter's new bodyguard. It's a pleasure to meet you."

She scoffs and walks off, then an older man comes in yelling.

Old Man - "Is Paul's son here?!"

Rudy bows

Rudy - "Pleased to meet you. I am Rudeus Greyrat."

Orion - "Good morning, Sir. I am Alastor Greyrat, Paul's oldest son. Rudeus is the younger son."

Old Man - "You're polite for Paul's boys! You may stay in this manor!

A servant enters the room

Servant - "Master Rudeus, Master Alastor, that is the current lord of Fittoa, Lord Sauros Boreas Greyrat."

Philip - "My father."

Sauros - "I hear you both saved Eris!"

Orion - "Oh, no, that was not us. Ghislaine was the one t-"

Sauros - "Are you trying to lie to me, boy?!"

Orion - "Apologies, Sir. Lord Philip told us to..."

Sauros - "Huh?! Philip!"

Philip - "Yes, father."

Philip walks over and kneels in front of Sauros, only to get flung across the room from a punch.

Sauros - "Ingrate! Is that any way to treat your daughter's saviours?!"

Philip - "Father, they both have Greyrat blood. Rather than a mere show of gratitude, I hope to thank them warmly, as family."

Sauros - "As long as you have a plan!"

Philip - "Thank you very much."

Sauros takes a drink then turns to Rudy

Sauros - "Rudeus! I have a request!"

Rudy - "Y-Yes, sir!"

Sauros - "Teach Eris magic! She says she can't get the spells you cast out of her head!"