Time for something new

[Orion/Alastor POV]

[timeskip once more - if you cant tell I'm trying to follow the anime]

It's been almost a year since Roxy got here, And we've gotten closer as friends, and I've also helped her practice to get to king level in water magic and maybe go further if she can reach it outside of her lessons with Rudy. But today something different will happen, she'll be practicing with Rudy for longer than usual today, so I decided to take the time and make something for myself, a custom sword, with some special features.

 But today something different will happen, she'll be practicing with Rudy for longer than usual today, so I decided to take the time and make something for myself, a custom sword, with some special features

[yes i know it's the star saber from transformers, sue me i think its a cool sword.]

After a day of work it was complete. During the forging I had given the sword a special property, the ability to let out a highly destructive arc of energy  by consuming a small amount of mana, and I also soul-bound it, meaning only I could utilise it's properties. In use it glows an electric blue and the arc is the same colour. The blade itself is a total of 5 feet long, including the handle, and is made entirely of the strongest material I could get my hands on. It doesn't have a traditional sheath, but I made a small device with a harness that holds it only my back without anything getting in the way of me drawing it. I walk outside of the temporary forge that I made, with the sword in my hand, [mid-paragraph author note once more - our boi is strong enough to wield it one handed, but it can be used as a two hander if needed] and watch Rudy launch a makeshift firework using fire and wind magic. I swing the sword over my shoulder and onto my back, and start clapping.

Orion - "Nice one, Rudy!"

Rudy - "Thanks!"

[timeskip to the next day] 

I'm practicing with my new sword, The Star Saber, [yes Im using its name from tfp sue me] and getting used to activating the energy arc and seeing how much damage potential it has, also getting used to the weight distribution at the same time. I glance over at Paul 'teaching' Rudy swordsmanship... and the least i can say is it's going horribly. He's not taking to the sword at all.

[wah, another timeskip i suppose]

It's now Rudy's 5th birthday, and the ladies are hard at work preparing food, I however, am in the forge once more, making my gift for Rudy. Using the same metal I used for the star saber, but a different magic quality to it, I made a pair of metal-reinforced leather gauntlets that are able to change size to fit the wearer's hands and forearm. It'll allow him to deflect strikes should something get close enough to attack him. As I finish up, I put them in an ornate box and head back in to the house. The ladies had finished cooking and were getting ready to serve it as I came in.

Lilia - "You're just in time, Master Alastor, would you mind fetching Master Paul and young Master Rudeus?"

Orion - "I don't mind, do you know where they are?"

Zenith - "They're in their rooms."

Orion - "Alright then."

I head upstairs and decide to get Paul first. I walk to his door and give it a couple of knocks.