Prologue / Chapter Six

Two Confederate soldiers march along the empty modern road, taking in the unfamiliar scenery around them.

"This place's unusual..." one of them uttered in awe viewing the vast countryside lands of their current enemy.

His partner on the underhand was skeptical of their predicament. How did they get here, and why are they here? One minute, they are being defeated by the Union soldiers. The next, they are at an empty, vast grassy lands with hills and unknown stone road.

But nevertheless, they continue on marching, scouting the perimeter for any place to loot or Union army to warn command for.

30 minutes had gone by, and the pair decided that this is the end of their scouting and headed back to the base to report.

But unbeknownst to them, a convoy of confused and hyper vigilant soldiers and their heavy war machines were heading in their direction, their scouts seemingly spotted a potential town and city to go into.

And they are fresh out of the most deadliest war in Europe.

Upon reaching the temporary confederate camp, the pair immediately went to the command tent to report their findings.

"... That's all sire."

"Good, you are dismissed."

And with that, the soldiers march out of the tent, leaving the generals within to discuss their current situation.

"Nothing, not even another town in the area." He announced, placing his hands on the table, a frustrated sigh coming out of his mouth.

"This is stupid. We must focus on that town instead of trying to find another one!" One officer once again suggested aggressively, which the other officers agreed, but few, and more reasonable officers disagree.

"We don't know where we are. We don't know what is going on, and we don't have much supplies!" A officer from the reasonable side argued, which an offier from the aggressive side argued back with that same reason.

"Then we will run out of supplies more quickly!" The reasonable officer slammed his fist onto the table, losing patience as they continued to argue.

Now, you might think, what supplies are they talking about? That's the thing. Their supplies consist of only ammunition for their weapons and the weapons themselves. No food? Raid the nearby houses, and hope that there is food there, which, half of the time, does.

The reasonable officers sighed, frustrated by the arguments their counterparts were shouting. They were about to counter his argument when a messenger arrived with urgent news.

"Sire's! The Unionists are here!"

Outside, it was chaos, within the perimeter they are set up for camp was in complete disarray, soldiers run up to the front and formed a firing line, but before they can fire a volley, they where gunned down with rapid machine gun fire and giant explosions, critically injuring others while outright decimating their intended targets.

Blood and body parts flew in every direction as the battle carried on with devastating blows on the confederate side.

The officers took charge and managed to minimize further losses, but with the total defeat and retreat of the entire army, to where? None of them knows.

The last of the Confederate soldiers ran outside of the camp, and the first of their attacker arrived. Riding on world war two jeepney's, the soldiers on said vehicles jump off and look at their surroundings.

Chaos, utter chaos, the bodies of the dead lay on green grass or within creators. The bodies themselves look no better. The majority of them lay face down or up with bullet wounds covering the entire body with some not even looking human anymore.