Prologue / Chapter Eleven | Not one step back!

Pre-Story Notice: This chapter has not been planned at all! The Arc Start in Chapter Twelve! I think...

——

    "Alrighty everyone, keep an eye out for that fleet!" The flight lead spoke.

    "Roger!" The cry of affirmation bellowed from the rest of the flight.

    The flight of F/A-16 Hornets split into groups of two before spreading wide into different directions, covering more area than when they are all in a single formation. After the USS Lincoln's aircraft's dragged the F6F Hellcat back to the carrier, they managed to gain information that another fleet is nearby. And is being led by non-other then Commander Connie J. Andrews.

——

    "Task force sixteen huh," Sally, the group leader for her flight group: Combat Angels, commented, excitement shining through her eyes.

    Her wing-woman, Veronica, sighs at the voice of her group lead.

    Suddenly, in Sally's radar, a ping shows itself, then another, and another, and another, until nearly 100 ships are on radar with some already in visual sight. Veronica gape at the numbers of ships sailing in formation, seemingly unchallenged by the azur blue around them.

    "I... I think that's the fleet we were searching for..." Veronica utters in disbelief.

    "THAT'S TASK FORCE 16!" Sally screams in joy, already fumbling with her radio to contact the fleet in front of them.

    Snapping from her trans, Veronica immediately contacted their fleet and the other groups, "This is Combat Angels 1-2, we have visuals on Fisher, I repeat, we have visual on Fisher, over."

    Her radio crackle for a solid minute before a voice spoke, "Good work, we will send radio links to you, Combat Angels, try and gain communication with TF16, over."

    "Affirmative, over and out." Veronica then switches over the hers and Sally's Frequency.

    "Storm, HQ gave us a communication link. Have you made radio contact with TF16?" She asks.

    No reply came, "Storm, are you there?" Nothing again, confused she looks to where she saw the F/A-16 Sally operates, staring at it for a couple of seconds, she finally finds a idea.

    Reaching out to her radio, she then starts to fumble with it, changing the frequency until she can find an end point to connect, hoping it belongs to Sally's.

    First try, nothing, as expected, second, nothing, third, nothing, fourth, again, none, fifth, no, sixth... Contact!

    "... We belong to the United States Air Force, a separate independent branch from the Navy and Army." She heard Sally spoke.

    Not wanting to get sidetracked, Veronica immediately interrupted her flight leads explanation of their branch of the military.

    "Storm," She heard a yalp as the aircraft in front of hers shook a bit, "I got a communication link from HQ. They want us to give it to TF16, over."

    Sally didn't reply. Only heavy breathing can be heard, Veronica is about to speak again until Sally speaks up.

    "This is Storm, loud and clear Violin," Veronica nods.

    "This TF16 Sally, are you there?" Another voice spoke through the radio.

    "This is Sally TF16. My wing-woman just got in contact with our fleet. They are sending a Communication Link through us. Please set to the frequency Violin is about to transfer." Sally, despite recovering from her little moment, quickly replies to the voice.