Chapter 9: Limbo (Sports Festival Part 3)

(3rd Person POV)

Present Mic: We will have a one hour lunch break before the matches start. 

Madara walked to the canteen area in the stadium to grab some food. He saw a place that sold his two favourite foods, Katsudon and Inarizushi. He decided on Katsudon today. He sat down and started to eat when he felt hands slide around his waist and a head was placed on his shoulder. He saw the beautiful eyes of Momo staring into his. The two started to lean into each other, before jumping apart at the sound of an explosion.

Bakugo: Oh sorry, did I interrupt something?

Madara had a grin on his face while he shook his head. If you looked close enough, you might be able to catch a hint of a blush marking his features. Momo, on the other hand, had a red face with steam coming out of her ears.

Madara: You might've, but that should be saved for afterwards.

Momo only nodded while Katsuki had a shit eating grin. Madara finished eating his Katsudon just in time for present mic to call out the first round.

Madara: That's my cue.

He pat Momo's head before walking down to the waiting area. He sat in his chair waiting for the call.

Present Mic: CAN I GET A YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH?!

Crowd: YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!

Present Mic: ALRIGHT! FOR OUR FIRST MATCH, WE HAVE THE DARK HORSE OF CLASS 1-C, HITOSHI SHINSO! UP AGAINST ONE OF THE POWERHOUSES OF CLASS 1-A THE GHOST OF THE UCHIHA, MADARA!

The crowd cheered as the two walked out of their respective tunnels. Madara looked at the guy that he was up against and sighed. He was on the skinnier side and he had bags under his eyes that were almost as prominent as Aizawa's.

Midnight: Are both fighters ready?

Madara and Shinso both nodded

Midnight: Begin!

Madara started to walk forwards.

Shinso: You must have it so easy with that powerful quirk that you have.

Madara almost responded when he sensed the power of Shinso's quirk. It was similar to a genjutsu, so he decided to humour Shinso.

Madara: That's not my quir-

Madara's body became stiff as he fell under the power of Shinso's words.

Shinso: Sorry, but I have to get into the hero course. Walk out of the ring.

Madara's body turned around and started to move towards the edge. When his foot was about to leave the arena, Madara broke out of the quirk.

Madara: Woah, that was more powerful than I thought it would be.

Shinso: What?! How did you break out of my quirk?!

Madara: I've had practice.

Madara started to walk to Shinso again. Shinso's eyes were darting around, trying to find an opening. He shouted and ran at Madara, throwing a sloppy right hook. Madara's eyes changed to Rinnegan. Shinso's fit connected with an invisible force. Up in the stands, Hashirama's eyes widened.

Hashirama: No way! That's his limbo clones!

Momo: His what?

Hashirama: Basically, using his Rinnegan, he projects a shadow of himself into Limbo, an invisible world that coexists with the physical world but that is ordinarily impossible to detect or perceive.

Shoto: So, invisible and intangible clones.

Hashirama: Yes, they are probably even stronger than my wood clones.

Madara: Sorry, but this is the end, Shinso.

Madara used a limbo clone to punch Shinso out of the arena and into the stadium wall. Madara turned off his Rinnegan and returned to his usual Sharingan. He walked over to Shinso and looked at him.

Madara: Your quirk was called villainous?

Shinso groaned in pain, before nodding his head.

Madara: The quirk doesn't define the person, the person defines the quirk. 

Madara held out his hand, which Shinso took.

Shinso: I will win next year.

Madara: I expect you to. Want to train with me?

Shinso shrugged

Shinso: Sure, that could be a good idea.

The two walked out of the area and back to their respective seats after exchanging contact details. Madara sat up on the arena. He looked up at the big screen and smiled when he saw the next match.

Chapter end.